• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

To sell or not to sell…

Most of us have sold a gun we regretted selling. I have one I’m thinking of selling and tying to come up with the pros and cons.

Pros: My first springer. Still in like new condition. Still as accurate as it was new. Worth more now than when I bought it. Never runs out of air.

Cons: After buying a PCP, I don’t like shooting it anymore. No memories for me or my kids to bring this gun down off the shelf and talk about. My kids are not interested in shooting it and my son has only shot it a few times. (grew up shooting the 22 rf I bought him)

It’s not like it’s grandpa’s old rifle he fed the family with during the great depression or anything like that.

I don’t need the money, just selling some of my “stuff” that has no meaning for the kids and not a lot of nostalgia for me. We will probably be moving within 5 years and we have too much stuff to move again. Just thinking this through and talking about things so I don’t sell it and regret it. I might just sell all three of my .177’s which would give me a good excuse to buy a .177 barrel kit for my Impact.

Most of us have sold a gun we regretted selling. I have one I’m thinking of selling and tying to come up with the pros and cons.

Pros: My first springer. Still in like new condition. Still as accurate as it was new. Worth more now than when I bought it. Never runs out of air.

Cons: After buying a PCP, I don’t like shooting it anymore. No memories for me or my kids to bring this gun down off the shelf and talk about. My kids are not interested in shooting it and my son has only shot it a few times. (grew up shooting the 22 rf I bought him)

It’s not like it’s grandpa’s old rifle he fed the family with during the great depression or anything like that.

I don’t need the money, just selling some of my “stuff” that has no meaning for the kids and not a lot of nostalgia for me. We will probably be moving within 5 years and we have too much stuff to move again. Just thinking this through and talking about things so I don’t sell it and regret it. I might just sell all three of my .177’s which would give me a good excuse to buy a .177 barrel kit for my Impact.
Hmmm😵‍💫that's a doozy for me🤣

Reactions: Ingwe
Based on what you laid out, I'd sell it...use the money to buy something else that you'll probably end up not using much either, then let it sit around unused for awhile . . . and then sell that thing too. Rinse and repeat. It's what many of us do with this sick hobby.
I've yet to get rid if one🤷‍♂️🤞🎩😩I did say yet though...🤑

Reactions: r1lover and 450BM

Keep it. You may not regret selling it now but the memories tend to come back to you years later and you may regret it then. Springers really don't take up a ton of real-estate any way.

Out of curiosity, what springer are you talking about?

Reactions: 450BM
Keep it. You may not regret selling it now but the memories tend to come back to you years later and you may regret it then. Springers really don't take up a ton of real-estate any way.

Out of curiosity, what springer are you talking about?
I’m leaning more towards keeping it than selling, especially after reading the replies like this. And you’re absolutely correct about the little room they take up.

FWB 124D I’ve owned it for 39 years and never realized it was deluxe until I joined this forum and read some posts from other owners of this model. Saw some pictures of the “non deluxe” model and it hit me, my gun don’t look like that… :)

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I’m leaning more towards keeping it than selling, especially after reading the replies like this. And you’re absolutely correct about the little room they take up.

FWB 124D I’ve owned it for 39 years and never realized it was deluxe until I joined this forum and read some posts from other owners of this model. Saw some pictures of the “non deluxe” model and it hit me, my gun don’t look like that… :)
Oh no doubt keep that sir. If you do decide to sell it one day, give me a holler. I think I'm only like 2hrs from you

Reactions: 450BM
My vote is keep it. I have a bunch of different PCP rifles and pistols. I picked up a used 1980s HW77k springer in .20. It's only 12fpe and I use open sights, but sometimes is just nice and relaxing to slowly go through the cocking, loading and firing cycle. It slows down your shooting and I feel like I enjoy each shot a lot more.

Reactions: 450BM and Sqwirl57
Best thing to do to have fun with your rifles: don't idolize them. They are just tools. Use them, scratch them, let your friends shoot them, and get them banged up. Better to have fun and have a piece to look back on and remember your friends and family using it then to see it in mint condition and never remember having fun with it. That is just my motto.

Best thing to do to have fun with your rifles: don't idolize them. They are just tools. Use them, scratch them, let your friends shoot them, and get them banged up. Better to have fun and have a piece to look back on and remember your friends and family using it then to see it in mint condition and never remember having fun with it. That is just my motto.
That’s a really good point! I don’t own any safe queens, couple of pistols I haven’t shot yet but I need to. One is a Colt 32 automatic with pearl handles and the other is a German Mauser in 25 auto. Shouldn’t let them get too comfortable…

Reactions: Deleted 45061