• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

To Regulate or not to Regulate that is the question

The Huma regulator gives me a 2-3fps es with 0 deviation.... The next best thing to that is 0fps es. As pointed out the Altaros regulator varied from 12-14fps but @ 50yards you will not see much difference from an unregulated rifle, the noticeable differences comes into play at longer ranges 100yards and further. With the Huma reg there is also no drop in power unless you want a drop.

I just installed a regulator in my Air Arms S510 Carbine with great success. Before you dive in and install one consider a couple of things, do you have the time and patience? Some guns with external hammer spring and hammer throw adjustments will probably be a lot easier than say the AA's that have to be partially disassemble to make these adjustments. Consider two the shot count and extreme spread your getting now. My Regal can get almost 40 shots at 3% ES, the AA S500 that I owned at one time about 30. This AA carbine fac that I just regulated would only get 22-23 shots at 3% which I really didn't like so in went a regulator. I finally got it the way I wanted it with the following results.
JK