• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

To many skunks

at least a .22 with a minimum of 20ft-lbs. "dont want that stinky guy running off" I head to never head shoot a skunk because they will spray. but who knows if its true or not. not sure on the legal part. im from Massachusetts. should be in your hunting regs. I go by the rule. if it doesn't say I cant... then technically I didn't break the law. lol 

From what I read just from googling your states 2019 hunting regulations they would be in season. I would get a license to be safe. Because if they are not causing any direct property damage or harm you’re basically hunting. Just from my experience here in Michigan anyways. You might also want to contact your local law enforcement and make sure there is not a local ordinance against airgun use in your back yard. I’ve seen it within city limits some places here. You might also want to think about getting something that is on the quite side. That way you don’t make the neighbors mad. Again this is just my opinion from a quick skim. I’d talk to local dnr to clear up any confusion. Good luck! Don’t get sprayed! Lol. Here’s a link to your states regs. https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Law/Pages/HuntingandTrappingDigest.aspx

A skunk that had truly been stinking up our neighbor made the fatal mistake of walking about a foot in front of my 50 yard target one evening while I had my RAW HM1000X LRT out, shooting the .25 JSB King Heavy pellets.

Dropped the pellet just off of the eye. Never flinched or sprayed.

1574856428_11191892585dde66eca1c976.34260996_C2767FE2-64C6-4537-8BFE-2D740092AF0A.jpeg

There has been about ten or so running around the neighborhood in the last few weeks. I have tried live traps and kill traps. I have been given permission from the borough police and all of my neighbors to shoot them. I have a modified .22 cal air rifle, I can not remember brand name, but it is dead on at 200 yards. My yard is only about 25 to 30 yards where I can get a safe shoot off. I am going to try the JSB Hades or the h & n piledrivers to see what they can do at 25 yards. I will let you know how it goes.

Hi Jesse, I have had to deal with a lot of skunks over the past 5 years. At first I always shot them in the head and they always sprayed. Then I heard that a heart shot was effective and they wouldn’t spray. I have a bait station set up so the skunk is in perfect position, I put canned cat food under a cinder block. And the last three I’ve shot didn’t spray. My landlord had them tanned. After the impact the skunk takes off for cover but doesn’t get far, one did make it under my shop but it was dead and I snagged it with a rake. The heart is low and just behind the front leg. I was very skeptical about it until I tried it. The cat food under the cinder block keeps the skunk busy. Good luck, I also have a hose and sprinkler set up by the bait station incase the skunk sprays... you just turn it on and go close all the windows. The spray is strong enough to burn grass! One skunk I head shot sprayed a large spot on the lawn and the grass died!