To Hatsan Mod 125 TH Vortex .22 owners or acquaintances with this model

Hello comrades,
I have questions about this Hatsan air gun model -> Hatsan Mod 125TH Vortex synthetic stock .22 cal (http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_mod_125th.html):

I tested all the cups I have on JSB and H&N by ProChrono Digital chronograph. The muzzle break of my rifle was 7 inches from the first chronograph sensor. The pellets went about 3.35 inches above the sensors.

All pellet samples were in the same place under the same climatic and other conditions, with the difference of only one type of pellets but between the tests I did not shoot (I had measured them 1.5 months earlier but then rain was raining for a month and a half ... ). All pellets are weighed and sorted to an accuracy of 0.001 grams (0.015 grains) !

I will not list all the pellets I've been doing (if anyone is interested in sharing) but there are 7 JSB models including lead-free and 9 H&N models including lead-free and copper.

The aggregate average power of all tested models and brands of chronograph pellets is: Еavr. min = 8.11 ft/lbs and Eavr. max = 16 ft/lbs...Average 12.1 ft/lbs per model pellets...
What do you think it is? Is "not it possible that there is some kind of damage" or "possible"?

Chronograph is in good condition (verified!). I tried the same pellets in "m/s" and "ft/s" and the results are the same! The cuff is in good condition as well as the o-ring of the barrel. Then only the "Vortex gas spring" remains if we are talking about a fault at all ?! , th ...

My Vortex gas spring has the option of pumping (factory) but I do not know if it will be useful, harmful or unnecessary?...Some colleagues from our forum tell me that the gas spring can drop ... but I doubt ...

2. JSB and H&N - Pb Free - BC? 

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry for bad English.

Svilen

Since you are confident your chrono is accurate, I would say you have a problem with the piston that may require return to the dealer or replacement/repair. I owned a Hatsan 125 and it was a beast. It shot at 25+ ft. lbs. As a result it was VERY difficult to shoot accurately and it shook so much pins and screws would routinely come loose. It patterned like a shotgun at 25 m. I do not see that Hatsan makes this gun in a 12ft lb non-FAC version. But if they do, perhaps that is the version you own. Its a powerful, heavy gun. I sold it because accuracy was elusive.

Does seem you have a real issue.

A gas ram can and will loose psi. If yours is refillable get the correct adaptor AND good air gauge ( pure nitorgen would be nice but not needed).

IF your rifle will still hit 16fpe on occasion I would think the ram still has pressure (? maybe not tho ) and your piston seal is trashed.

Keep us posted.

John

Hello I asked several colleagues in our forum dealing with air gun tuning and everyone is in the following opinion:

1. When the gas spring is pumped almost always the valve does not work and remains open or partially open and pressure drops ... Each of them told me that if it does at least it takes them hours or even days to try while the valve works .

2. Necessary pressure .... Given that the manufacturer does not share how much the optimal pressure it needs to be tested, how much should it be !?

According to some of them, 120 atmospheres are good for others, but how much should be ... who knows ...

At Low pressure - there will be no benefit at High - it will increase the kickback and from there it is clear - the optics are damaged and the accuracy disappears ... if you can talk about it at all with this brand and rifle model ...

3. At customer request, those tuning people have pumped the gas spring to 150 and 160 atmospheres for other ... the result is not too late - broken piston and stock ...

All this is very possible due to Hatsan's bad material and not less bad workmanship and subsequent quality control !!!

So in this regard, I think I'll wait until I buy the PCP so I can not stay without a rifle ...

For the sake of truth, with no experience and practice at 35 yards, I do 3.2 MOA with JSB Exact Jumbo 15.89 gr., which is not much (I'm trying to take up to 2 MOA at each distance I'm looking for - 35 yards and 55 yards) but as for this model and brand I think it's ~ good ...

I tested seven types of JSB pellets, including lead-free. Also, lead-free H&N and H&N copper.

I shot 35 yards for a group. I do not have much experience and practice but I think that for this model and brand the results are satisfactory ...

All this makes me think that there is hardly a problem with the cuff of the rifle, and as for the gas spring, it is probably factory-poorly pumped ...

Already when I was carrying the rifle for tuning and service, my craftsman had said the rifle was weak.

So I think the results I received in the tests are not related to the damage ... or do you think I'm wrong?