• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

To focus wheel or not to focus wheel ?

So with the cocking handle on the left the Sidewinder focus wheel is a problem. Or should I move the handle to the right side (easy on the vulcan or at least they say its easy). But I like cocking the weapon with my left hand It leaves my right that nice pistol grip to hang on to when I do it. This is a bull pup and to me they feel less stable when I take my right hand off the pistol grip. Ok lower photo is with the 2" F wheel ....This looks ok

?t=1447779456

I use my vulcan with the bolt on the left side for the same reason, I like the stability of keeping my right hand on the grip. I don't use a focus wheel, simply because I don't need it, I can get fine enough tuning with the scope "knob". Also when carrying the gun the wheel just seems to be something else to get caught in something plus the extra weight, I just don't see the need on the vulcan, unless you just want to shoot from a bench all the time. Just my two cents, to "not" focus wheel. I would be interested in hearing other opinions especially the counterpoint to mine. Maybe I'm missing out and just don't know it?

Scotty, Unless you are going to do Field Target competitions you really don't need the side wheel. For bench rest at 25 and 50 meters you can mark your knob. If you need it for hunting that would be the only other reason you might want a side wheel. The side wheel just give you more precise ranging....I f your scope knob is set up rt with the distance markings and you shoot known distance's hunting, you should be good without, IMHO Good luck.