to Element Optics

I own your Titan and must say, everything is perfect with the exception of the ZERO STOP

It must be the most frustrating thing ever. The tolerance on the zero stop ring is so tight, that it actually snag on the turret.

What it mean is that, for some position, i simply cannot lower the zero stop ring around the turret. It just doesn't fit.

In fact, the zero stop ring cannot freely make one revolution around the turret. It will get stuck half way, to a point where it will turn the turret

I've put plenty of silicon grease on the inside of the ring, but no, the fit was wrong. And of course, the three small allen screws were not just loosen, I've taken them off.

You know something is wrong when you can grab the zero stop ring by your nails and it lifts the entire scope, all 1.1kg of it

I wanted the Titan to be perfect so much… the zero stop was one of the premium features, shame I will be using mine without it

I may just have to sand the inside of the ring down somehow. But if the ring is steel, then I don't even know what I can do.

I've waited through 3-4mths of delays, partly due to the pandemic's disruption of the supply chain, but was so happy to have finally zeroed my rifle to the perfect glass, only to be let down by this weird issue.

Please fix this.
1598583773_1916092745f4873dd31f301.05497663.png

I’m sorry to hear about the problem after such a long wait. I’m assuming it’s too late to return otherwise you’d probably already done it. So much for having a person individually qc check every single scope like Matt said in one of the introduction videos.

TBH, I have no intention of returning the scope. I don't own many scopes, but the titan is perfect for what I want in one.

Chances are, I'll still buy the titan without the zero stop. I just felt let down in this case.

They come with a lifetime warranty, have you contacted them. It could be as easy as a new ring. Mine works great.

not yet, mostly because I've waited for SOOOO LONG and just can't be asked to wait longer

Like my previous reply, I'm still satisfied with the titan even without the zero stop.

I'll probably try sanding the ring down and see if that helps

These days, going out for zero is not all that easy, distancing and all. And sadly, no backyard where I live.

What do you expect it's made in CHINA.

Hope you paid the cheapest price possible for Chinese made goods.

Just recently got a higher level quality and price Chinese Bushnell Forge and this is the last straw on overpriced Chinese junk for me. Im paying the cheapest possible price for Chinese from now on.

If they are charging similar dollars to DJI drones and iphones, I expect similar quality to those products which are also Chinese made, arguably even more complicated in designs and features

I suggest you take your passive aggressive bigotry somewhere else, especially with what is happening around us right now.

Just recently got a higher level quality and price Chinese Bushnell Forge and this is the last straw on overpriced Chinese junk for me. Im paying the cheapest possible price for Chinese from now on.

Haha CHINA

I do American, but if I have to I buy Taiwan 🇹🇼 since it is a free state. Hence the reason I do Leupold and UTG

If they are charging similar dollars to DJI drones and iphones, I expect similar quality to those products which are also Chinese made, arguably even more complicated in designs and features

I suggest you take your passive aggressive bigotry somewhere else, especially with what is happening around us right now.

LMAO. Since when is calling the junk from China "Chinese Junk" a form of passive aggressive bigotry??? My, how the times have changed. Used to be able to call things what they were. Here's a participation trophy 🏆

I’m having a hard time understanding the logic here. Aside of course from this recent Wuhan flu epidemic originating in China, are some of you saying that nothing made in China can possibly be top quality? Or perhaps the implication is just rifle scopes? Because I’ll bet that every one of you uses a cell phone made in China, and numerous other electronic and household items made in China that are top quality. So of course it CAN be done. Saying just because something is made in China it’s crap reminds me of the 50s and 60s when items made in Japan were known as “Jap Crap”. Using the logic above is also similar to the cause and effect without research. You know, when the street lights come on, it gets dark out. Therefore turning on the street lights causes the sun to sink over the horizon. All of this China scope bashing is really just supposition and conjecture, with nothing based on fact... Entertaining for sure, but the reality is far from the fantasy...

LMAO. Since when is calling the junk from China "Chinese Junk" a form of passive aggressive bigotry??? My, how the times have changed. Used to be able to call things what they were. Here's a participation trophy 🏆

Calling junk from China "Chinese Junk" is defensible

But the comment from Yo above is clearly calling all things made in China junk, which is not true, case in point the examples I gave above

So yeah, "passive aggressive bigotry", while may not be Yo's intention, is the result

Try reading, then stop, think, and then reply. Probably save you some embarrassment in the future

Remember how your teacher used to tell you to put on your thinking cap? Well do that, instead of that MAGA cap, which is also made in China btw.

YOU start a thread bashing a Chinese company then defend them?

wait what? Since when did I bash a Chinese company?

If there is anything that I am defending, it is the fundamental respect of all people.

Last time I check, that was one of the core values that America was found on.

Look, if you are just trolling, you go right ahead. Otherwise, read and think.

I’m having a hard time understanding the logic here. Aside of course from this recent Wuhan flu epidemic originating in China, are some of you saying that nothing made in China can possibly be top quality? Or perhaps the implication is just rifle scopes? Because I’ll bet that every one of you uses a cell phone made in China, and numerous other electronic and household items made in China that are top quality. So of course it CAN be done. Saying just because something is made in China it’s crap reminds me of the 50s and 60s when items made in Japan were known as “Jap Crap”. Using the logic above is also similar to the cause and effect without research. You know, when the street lights come on, it gets dark out. Therefore turning on the street lights causes the sun to sink over the horizon. All of this China scope bashing is really just supposition and conjecture, with nothing based on fact... Entertaining for sure, but the reality is far from the fantasy...

Agreed. I try to buy Leupold because I was raised to buy American. I am the first American in my family, so I like being patriotic for American jobs. China can make cheap and quality, but I’d prefer to give my fellow citizens employed. I do however appreciate the global economy and benefit from it daily.

LMAO. Since when is calling the junk from China "Chinese Junk" a form of passive aggressive bigotry??? My, how the times have changed. Used to be able to call things what they were. Here's a participation trophy
1f3c6.svg

Calling junk from China "Chinese Junk" is defensible

But the comment from Yo above is clearly calling all things made in China junk, which is not true, case in point the examples I gave above

So yeah, "passive aggressive bigotry", while may not be Yo's intention, is the result

Try reading, then stop, think, and then reply. Probably save you some embarrassment in the future

Remember how your teacher used to tell you to put on your thinking cap? Well do that, instead of that MAGA cap, which is also made in China btw.

No politics guys.
Thanks

Oh just one last thing...

If you know Yo, and interact with him publicly or privately on PM, he has never said anything against any race, ethnicity, or culture. He is more than anything a consumer beyond what most of us can feasibly afford, and as such he has a lot of experience in finding deals. He often says publicly, like in the “Pet Peeve” thread, that his pet peeve is when people get ripped off for a product that should be less. It seems that @cowabunka in particular took offense to Yo’s fast typing phraseology, but I would urge that member to not throw around terms like bigotry so fast, especially since you are presuming Yo isn’t Asian, Chinese, or that he doesn’t enjoy and recommend Chinese products on a daily (usually 10x a day) basis. You can not like Yo, that is fine, but making a charge that someone is bigoted in this community is pretty heavy, and I would hope not to see that kind of claim thrown around towards yourself @cowabunka or @yo or anybody else for that matter. If we are truly wanting to respect all people, including members here, let’s try not to presume someone is our enemy.

As for the politics, like I said it is not needed and unwanted on this site. Follow the rules. Half of more than half of this conversation was unproductive because it broke the rules. I think the dissolve came mostly because of the lost in translation and limitations of text: also a bit of misjudgment of @Yo.

Had to come back on that one. Just didn’t like seeing this convo dissolve the way it did. Hope to see @cowabunka and @yo being passionate about shooting tomorrow when we can start afresh and remember to be lighthearted about our toys and our hobby.

Reactions: Macros