to Element Optics

The problem is not that it was made in China YO .. as you has said in many posts there is sometimes sheep and better Chinese scopes in the $200+ range....the problem is the brand trying to sell you a $200+ scope for $799 because the brand set how much they want to spend making the scope and quality control..other brands set their invest in production higher so you get a better scope..the other part of the problem is us for trusting some YouTube clowns...I send mine back next day AM...I decided to wait for arken optics and their products..

I am happy with my Element Titan although I can't say I've gotten much experience with it. However, if someone says I overpaid by X hundred dollars for it- that's ok. I don't consider Ted Bier and Matt Dubber to be disreputable and it makes me happy to support a grass-roots company [even if back by FX] with my dollars. There are more than enough "youtube clowns" in the airgun worldto crap on- those guys are legit and they are putting their money where their mouth is. Everyone has an opinion- mostly that opinion is to spend more for a better product- not get the most for the product you can afford.

I will say that I've seen more than a few negative posts about Element scopes that seem overly harsh and intended to give the model/brand a bad name. The scope has a warranty and if I have an issue I would go to them first unless it's something egregious. I think it's ironic that this board is filled with the types of folks who de-ride "cancel culture" but have a minor issue with their scope or airgun and immediately start talking smack on the company on the internet. Odd that. 

Hi everyone, I just removed some of the political content. Please adhere to our rules or you may loose your posting privileges. I understand that some of you may feel angst towards the Chinese communist government for being ground zero of COVID-19. I understand that some of you may be opposed to purchasing products made in China. I understand that some of you feel strongly about buying American. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and beliefs.

But the fact is that many of the products we use are made in China. To deem all the scopes made in the same factory as "junk" is simply incorrect, and only incites poor and misinformed arguments. One factory can produce many scopes for many different brands. But I assure you that they are not all created equally. A brands budget can easily fluctuate from "get it done as inexpensively as possible" (with the least amount of features, lowest quality components, tolerances and workmanship), to exactly the opposite with the highest quality components, the most features, the tightest tolerances and the best workmanship they offer. 

For YO to state that you should only buy the cheapest Chinese scope because they are all the same is a false blanketing statement.

@cowabunga please contact your retailer and/or the manufacturer to relay the issue and/or utilize their Lifetime Warranty.

Thanks

-Michael

I am happy with my Element Titan although I can't say I've gotten much experience with it. However, if someone says I overpaid by X hundred dollars for it- that's ok. I don't consider Ted Bier and Matt Dubber to be disreputable and it makes me happy to support a grass-roots company [even if back by FX] with my dollars. There are more than enough "youtube clowns" in the airgun worldto crap on- those guys are legit and they are putting their money where their mouth is. Everyone has an opinion- mostly that opinion is to spend more for a better product- not get the most for the product you can afford.

I will say that I've seen more than a few negative posts about Element scopes that seem overly harsh and intended to give the model/brand a bad name. The scope has a warranty and if I have an issue I would go to them first unless it's something egregious. I think it's ironic that this board is filled with the types of folks who de-ride "cancel culture" but have a minor issue with their scope or airgun and immediately start talking smack on the company on the internet. Odd that.

I agree with this sentiment completely. I hear a lot of good things about Element optics, and most of the bad mouthers don’t have one so how would they know? As for me, I don’t have one. If I needed one, Element would certainly be on my interest list.

I would still contact them about the zero stop ring not working. After using a zero stop I won't go back to scopes without a zero stop. I had a Helix shortly and sent it back as it wasn't at all what I was expecting out of it. Was alittle hyped up. I've had better for less in my Arken SH-4 so thats the route I went. But glad your enjoying the Titan.

Just an FYI, there are quite a few factories in China that make rifle scopes and one in particular is well known over there for putting out the highest quality rifle scopes. This factory bought brand new very expensive latest tech CNC machinery in 2017. 

And it shows in the scopes they put out. Since it'd be in poor taste to mention other brands in this thread I'll leave it at that.

The least I was expecting..was to be as good as my $350 arken and that price is shipped..so in reality is a $325 scope ..and is a awesome scope for money and then some..so the element at $435 shipped..simply dont worth the money..you be better with a Hawke air max ..mine were great my only complaint is that I wish the reticle was longer..or simply purchase the arken 6x24x50 at $600 shipped 34mm tube..for the $170 extra you get a lot of scope...by the time I send mine back I was in for like $510 with the restocking fee..mine have 80 yards of .and the seller found nothing wrong with the scope so there it goes again..

The least I was expecting..was to be as good as my $350 arken and that price is shipped..so in reality is a $325 scope ..and is a awesome scope for money and then some..so the element at $435 shipped..simply dont worth the money..you be better with a Hawke air max ..mine were great my only complaint is that I wish the reticle was longer..or simply purchase the arken 6x24x50 at $600 shipped 34mm tube..for the $170 extra you get a lot of scope...by the time I send mine back I was in for like $510 with the restocking fee..mine have 80 yards of .and the seller found nothing wrong with the scope so there it goes again..

If you thought the Element scope was defective why didn't you send it in for warranty exchange or repair instead of losing money for a refund with restocking fee? 

Also if it was being a defective scope the reason you returned it for a refund you should be able to dispute the restocking fee through your credit card company or PayPal in fact you should be entitled a refund for the entire charged amount including shipping costs. Not sure how to go about your own shipping it back compensation but I would think about it and ask your Credit card disputes department or PayPal how to go about that. There is also dealer feedback section for a reason.

Odoyle -- I opted for the refund because compared to the arken or the Hawke..I did like the feel of the scope so they sending me another..would not fix that I dont like it , and since is not a cosmetic damage is subjected to what I see and what they see...I purchased for the reticle..that I found great for my use n glass was good..I'm not the kind of person that fights for $60+ bucks..I call this air gunning thing the little school so you have to pay mistakes fee ..and it was my mistake for purchase that product..it was not the vendor fault they cant test every scope they sell is not profitable..and they answer me fast and refunded me as soon the scope was on their hands..so they give me a great service and I definitely will purchase from them again...