To date this edgun r3m 22 cal. is the most....

"weatherby"As far as design goes, I personally find the Edgun still to be the nicest bullpup around.
Many things have changed in bullpup design, but the Edgun was the trendsetter in this regard. 
I really like the idea of the pre-tensioned barrel of the R3, very good thinking to make the barrel more rigid. 
Most new bullpups are just plain ugly to me, the gladius for instance makes my eyes bleed.......
I talked with some bullpup makers, they confess that while making the bullpup the task was to make it not look like EDgun Matador :) that is why some of them are quite ugly as you say :)

"militaryflip"Make it lighter and easier to shoot . Im a left handed shooter and I loose accuracy because my cheek placement will not be the same all the time. I have a .30 cal impact and I can change caliber from 75 fpe to 20 fpe or lower which is very nice to have. 500 cc air tank with smaller caliber has a lot of shot.
I am left handed shooter and use right handle gun. Do you think that I am not able to make left handed gun for myself? More over those right handed shooters who understand it have ordered me left handed Matadors for themselves :) 

Yes, 500 cc tank is nice think, but I make the guns which should be balanced in as many aspects as possible. To me 500 cc tanks looks ugly on guns even if they give you more shots per fill. I prefer beautiful guns rather then shooting tool.

"weatherby"As far as design goes, I personally find the Edgun still to be the nicest bullpup around.
Many things have changed in bullpup design, but the Edgun was the trendsetter in this regard. 
I really like the idea of the pre-tension15ed barrel of the R3, very good thinking to make the barrel more rigid. 
Most new bullpups are just plain ugly to me, the gladius for instance makes my eyes bleed.......
You're funny, you pick the One of if not the Ugliest gun on the planet and compare it with a Edgun. Compare it with the Impact (which is bullpup), Vulcan (shortest bullpup on the planet), Cricket (heavy but handsome), Mutant (imitator like so many other). There are so many sexy bullpup as well as the matador. Just throwing this out there Americans and others love military looking weapons that why the AR15, M4, and AK47 are so popular. I would love to see an airgun looking like the FN-P90 one of the original Bullpups.

Hahaha, yeah, quite a contrast, Edgun vs Gladius:)
I do like other bullpups, but as far as looks go, I like the R3 best. Wildcat and Impact are cool too, only pity that the .25 cal Wildcat has too short a stock, same like the shorter .22 version.
I think the vulcan and cricket are not ugly, but no beauty queens as well.
I had a Bobcat MK2 .25 myself, certainly also not the prettiest (so ugly I started to appreciate it), but it sure performed very well. And that's the most important factor to me.
But the Pulsar, Galahad, Gladius.... sorry, each to his own, but they are not for me:)

"Ginuwine1969"
You're funny, you pick the One of if not the Ugliest gun on the planet and compare it with a Edgun. Compare it with the Impact (which is bullpup), Vulcan (shortest bullpup on the planet), Cricket (heavy but handsome), Mutant (imitator like so many other). There are so many sexy bullpup as well as the matador. Just throwing this out there Americans and others love military looking weapons that why the AR15, M4, and AK47 are so popular. I would love to see an airgun looking like the FN-P90 one of the original Bullpups.
Well, if Lelya is not bullpup, I appologize... It is 560 mm long, I think the shortest :)

Ed,
Everyone has an opinion but as long as you are getting new orders, I would keep that model coming. Look at the Ford Mustang, change for the sake of change. In the end they went back to the original shape. I am sure you are always working on improvements. If you so choose, have a new model ready to launch ( I am sure you are workig on several) if sales ever start to drop. I am convinced that if the Falcon Company was run better, many of their rifles would still be in production today. When you have a winning product it should sell itself. 

In responce to the few folks that are of the opinion leave the Edgun the way it is. That's fine, but the Edgun company will simply wither on the vine and eventually go away. The reality is sales drive R&D and if you don't innovate everyone passes you by and your done. How do you think the R3M made such a splash in the first place? They innovated and changed the market, now others have caught up. Time for Edgun to come up with something innovative based on the R3M, or maybe something new from the ground up! Just my opinion, so don't get mad :)

Ed, everything you say makes sense, and yet, everything you hear on this thread regarding the 'need to innovate' to remain relevant is also true. Its called 'Innovator's Dilemma'.

Ultimately, it comes down to what YOU, as a business owner want. Do you want to maintain your current level of revenue, or do you want to grow? There is no right or wrong answer here, as it only depends on your personal goals. However, depending on the answer, there ARE right or wrong ways to execute: if you are fine with flat sales - then things like incremental improvements, reduction of defects, etc are the way to go. If you want to grow - then you absolutely must take bold risks and innovate. Simply put, there is no other way. 

Just look at FX. QC issues, no direct support, as far as I am concerned (none of my emails to FX ever got answered), steep prices, and yet - there is no question about where they are headed. They Grow, and there is only one reason - they innovate like crazy. Where do you think they would be if the only thing they did over the past decade was to improve on their Gladi8or design? :)

(edit: clarification)

I don't think things have to change...and I still have a rotary phone; it is cool; it is never out of range or out of electricity. New stuff just brings new problems most of the time....With all the new technology we have today, are we really any better off? NO; Life used to be simpler and easier for most of us who have been around more than 60 years. To me, the Edgun IS a new gun; (it has an umbrella handle on the back); an old gun would be my Sheridan pump, not as accurate or powerful as my NEW Marauder, but I had more fun with it and it is still going strong after 60 years. Yes, I have an Impact on order, but now I have to get an expensive 4500 psi air tank/fill setup and find a place to fill it, buy a fancy scope, bi pod, extra magazines and expensive 30 cal, ammo, so I can go out and kill the same size Squirrels and rabbits that I did with the Sheridan. I am a victim of my own opinion; nothing has changed.

"HauntedMyst"For me the biggest update the Edgun needs is a more comfortable stock. I found the Matador to be one of the least comfortable grips. Everything about the metal was great on the one I owned.
I agree. I love the build quality and simplicity of the action, but I found the grip very uncomfortable. Even after I had a custom stock maker cut finger grooves and smooth out the rough edges I was still left wanting more.

A more ergonomic would be great.