To All Veterans...

I will more than likely be working all day. Nothing new there.

817th Combat Engineers ( Sapper )
OIF 07-08
And a few other places that really don't matter ;)

Being in the Guards I was attached to more than a few really cool units, all of them were mostly great to work with. lol

If I was smart I would have stayed in and would have been at my next year! Instead I did 11 years and got out to raise a family. Spent enough time in the deserts of Iraq that I had enough fun.

Last edited:
I will more than likely be working all day. Nothing new there.

817th Combat Engineers ( Sapper )

If I was smart I would have stayed in and would have been at my next year! Instead I did 11 years and got out to raise a family. Spent enough time in the deserts of Iraq that I had enough fun.

1988 - 1993
US Navy SeaBees , Construction Mechanic Second Class.
This is Saudi Arabia, Operation Desert Shield , Nov 1990. I’m on the left
08-FF4-B13-71-DD-4-A33-BBE1-68712852608-C.jpg

USAF, 1972 to 1976, I was sworn in during the summer of 1976 after graduating from high school and the draft ended during the fall of the same year. I'm very proud to say that it's one of the greatest things that I've ever done it my life with "no regrets" and it's helped me to more than appreciate the US of A.

AKA "Simplyhooked"

US Navy in the mid 80's, stationed in Yokosuka, Japan - U.S.S. Midway CV-41 - 7th fleet. The old girl ( Midway ) is now a museum in San Diego. The Navy was the best / smartest thing I ever did. Dumbest thing was getting out - I should have listened to my 1st class, chief and CWO who really wanted me to re-enlist. Had I stayed in and done my 20 yrs -- I could have retired a long time ago. {sigh}

... hind sight is always 20/20 'eh? ;-)

-=- jd -=-

HEY! I LIKE that! Cloud Walker is WAY better then Bird Sh*t!
Yah know, we spent a hell of a lot of time making sure our birds stay in the air and Air Borne think they can get there faster by jumping out. Funny thing is we're no where near the airport when they leave. Weird.

HK
USAF