TM1000 broke..... any thoughts?

Nation, 

Whilst shooting my TM1000 today, testing different sized H&N Field Target Trophy's, I loaded a pellet, cocked the gun, fired. Nothing abnormal while cocking it. Upon the shot, there was an odd noise when it fired, definitely not normal. When I pulled the sidelever back to cock it again, there was no spring pressure, the lever flopped around freely. Once the lever is about 3/4 of the way rearward, spring pressure can be felt for the last 1/4 of it's travel, but does not set the sear, not cocking the gun.

I've had it apart many times in the past, just wondering what I should look for during the dissection. I'm thinking broken hammer spring, or possibly a sear. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I shot a video on my phone, couldn't download it here for some reason.

Thanks in advance 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Ranchibi,

Just got finished with messaging an English expert upon this, and he advised me to turn the gun upside down, and see if it cocks and fires. It did, but not right side up. His 100% diagnosis......broken sear spring. Took trigger out, opened it.......broken sear spring!!!. At least I don't have to dissect the whole thing...AND, if I'm ever in a match, and this happens, I know I can still weasel my way through the match by turning it upside down to cock it.......at least it'll get me through it until I can repair it.

I'm also getting a mess of spare parts for the gun as well.....valve bodies and valves, inertia weight and springs, and several of those little bastards I just broke!!!

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Ranchibi,

Just got finished with messaging an English expert upon this, and he advised me to turn the gun upside down, and see if it cocks and fires. It did, but not right side up. His 100% diagnosis......broken sear spring. Took trigger out, opened it.......broken sear spring!!!. At least I don't have to dissect the whole thing...AND, if I'm ever in a match, and this happens, I know I can still weasel my way through the match by turning it upside down to cock it.......at least it'll get me through it until I can repair it.

I'm also getting a mess of spare parts for the gun as well.....valve bodies and valves, inertia weight and springs, and several of those little bastards I just broke!!!

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech

Fieldtargettech.com 

Tom, that's AWESOME! Was it bucketboy? Anyway, glad to hear you found the issue and that they still will shoot by flipping over and cocking! Built like no other! :) I too have purchased parts and things from RAW TN and Sandra sends them out, Rachel did the order, great great people....2 weeks ago I got an older smaller right hand magazine for my LRT.

Did you assemble the hammer stack correctly?

TM Hammer Stack.1622983613.jpg

Nation, 

I do have the stack of parts shown above in the correct order. The sear spring was tightened down, possibly jammed and slightly stuck due to gunk. The coil of the spring was not working the way it should because of this. Other than replacing an oring here and there, I've had zero problems with it for the last 4-5 years. Probably have 125,000- 150,000 shots out of it wfrom it's last major overhaul. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Nation, 

I do have the stack of parts shown above in the correct order. The sear spring was tightened down, possibly jammed and slightly stuck due to gunk. The coil of the spring was not working the way it should because of this. Other than replacing an oring here and there, I've had zero problems with it for the last 4-5 years. Probably have 125,000- 150,000 shots out of it wfrom it's last major overhaul. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Wow, that's encouraging! I hope mine lasts that long.