• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

TJ barrels for Impact - I Placed the order - more about grinding

Voy a empezar a comprar máquinas y herramientas porque a veces es muy difícil hacer algo personalizado.

It is like that, friend, but be clear, friend, that there are things that one cannot make them work out the way one wants them to work because there are many people who have their talent for doing their jobs. there are people who are good in each specialty, but what they say is true if there are pieces that we need and can do and it is very important to learn

No probs machining my own tj on a uragan .30 😁

150 yards with slugs

31D19E62-EAA7-49B5-9D53-89F1004B3C96.1600636779.jpeg
B92518D6-AA27-4BBB-AB6F-231F6709D727.1600636807.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: AirShootist
this is me baby my little TJ .25 of 14.5 ”inch in length I make a group at 100 meters with the jsb 25.4gr at 954fps you can enter my instagram account and see the video holding the group of 5 shots at 100 meters @airgunplusrd1

BA87D275-9916-4A3A-9189-194497AB69F3.1600652003.png
772EDB75-4F03-42E1-99D4-0E5218A0DB8E.1600652004.jpeg

How about a full mag on video?

you can see it on my instagram account @airgunplusrd1

Ahhh I remember you. You were the one with the two accounts that I blocked on IG (after I got sick of you spamming my posts with pure non-sense - telling me how I needed to power tune my Taipans lol).

In any case, if your magazines are 5 shots, then I don't know what to say. The only 100m group that I saw on your profile wasn't any more than 5 shots, but my point was let's see this 1" @150m with a full mag on video. Betting that video doesn't exist. If it does, it is too difficult to see POI with your glass.

You statement of FX barrels never going to be as accurate and capable of TJs is also pure bologna.

Ahhh I remember you. You were the one with the two accounts that I blocked on IG (after I got sick of you spamming my posts with pure non-sense - telling me how I needed to power tune my Taipans lol).

In any case, if your magazines are 5 shots, then I don't know what to say. The only 100m group that I saw on your profile wasn't any more than 5 shots, but my point was let's see this 1" @150m with a full mag on video. Betting that video doesn't exist. If it does, it is too difficult to see POI with your glass.

You statement of FX barrels never going to be as accurate and capable of TJs is also pure bologna.

look you blocked me because I was telling you the truth frustrated fx fans don't like to be told the truth. There is no better barrel than TJ. is demonstrating, and if I can make the video to shut your mouth, I am a remote homemaker, I am not a poor fixed table shooter, I record my videos when I do a group not like many that only shows a photo of the group that they can take at a short distance and they can say it was a long distance, I challenge you to make a group of 0.871 to 100 meters with a 355mm barrel in length when you do this showing with a video so I accept that you are good at this and could learn from you, but I know you won't do it but I'll wait child 👶🏻 yearned for 

I've machined a few TJ .30cal barrels for the MKII that I had. It's a lot of work and the CrMoly barrels are hard on lathe tools. Don't be surprised if someone quotes you $1500 for the work.

In the United States there were only two people who machined TJ barrels, they were Jim gaske and Roy, Jim retired as much as they know and Roy does not know about him yet. but i talked to jim and he recommended bill to me greathouse he told me he now has all his tools to choke the barrels bill made me a TJ .30 to shoot slug for my RTI and now a friend told me to ask him what the price was for a TJ barrel for an impact and he told me that the price is 400 dollars, it is not every turner who knows how to machine a TJ barrel preparing a TJ barrel for what they know is very easy, it is not difficult as you think. That would happen with a I learned or someone who is going to steal your money, I am going to send him photos of the .30 barrel for the RTI 
E6B38A0C-654A-4363-A833-9DB8440917D7.1600432445.jpeg
173DA3BE-13AD-477E-B9FE-1D29F5389E78.1600432445.jpeg
519DC4A2-4902-4E8A-8CFF-A28EF06C82CE.1600432446.jpeg

I'd be real skeptical of $400 to turn a barrel on centers for all of the operations needed to fit a TJ in an Impact. What's his hourly rate?

friend if you do not know and you have not heard of Jim gaske go to google and you will find a user talking about him, Jim was one of the pioneers in mechanizing the TJ for his pcp weapons Warpcobrarifle and Flex. if today you have people who mechanize a TJ barrel. Well, I challenge you to use your TJ that I will use my TJ to make groups smaller than one inch at 150 meters. I only have 355mm in length you can use the length you want. I know the TJ barrel I have and I challenge anyone to make a 1-inch group at 150 meters. Everyone who today is machining TJ barrels is learned in front of Jim Gaske even Travis the one from JSaririfles that if he is a scammer he does not know about mechanization I bought him a TJ and he made me crap just as they believe a lot that they can mechanize a barrel TJ as I told you before, only in the United States
1f1fa-1f1f8.svg
there were two that mechanized these barrels super well structured Jim gaske and Roy, but today since they retired Jim prepared bill greathouse a good machinist

Hey buddy, you are the one "challenging" people to shoot 1" groups at 150m lol. So I'm calling you out - where is YOUR video shooting 1" at 150m???

I've machined a few TJ .30cal barrels for the MKII that I had. It's a lot of work and the CrMoly barrels are hard on lathe tools. Don't be surprised if someone quotes you $1500 for the work.

In the United States there were only two people who machined TJ barrels, they were Jim gaske and Roy, Jim retired as much as they know and Roy does not know about him yet. but i talked to jim and he recommended bill to me greathouse he told me he now has all his tools to choke the barrels bill made me a TJ .30 to shoot slug for my RTI and now a friend told me to ask him what the price was for a TJ barrel for an impact and he told me that the price is 400 dollars, it is not every turner who knows how to machine a TJ barrel preparing a TJ barrel for what they know is very easy, it is not difficult as you think. That would happen with a I learned or someone who is going to steal your money, I am going to send him photos of the .30 barrel for the RTI 
E6B38A0C-654A-4363-A833-9DB8440917D7.1600432445.jpeg
173DA3BE-13AD-477E-B9FE-1D29F5389E78.1600432445.jpeg
519DC4A2-4902-4E8A-8CFF-A28EF06C82CE.1600432446.jpeg

I'd be real skeptical of $400 to turn a barrel on centers for all of the operations needed to fit a TJ in an Impact. What's his hourly rate?

friend if you do not know and you have not heard of Jim gaske go to google and you will find a user talking about him, Jim was one of the pioneers in mechanizing the TJ for his pcp weapons Warpcobrarifle and Flex. if today you have people who mechanize a TJ barrel. Well, I challenge you to use your TJ that I will use my TJ to make groups smaller than one inch at 150 meters. I only have 355mm in length you can use the length you want. I know the TJ barrel I have and I challenge anyone to make a 1-inch group at 150 meters. Everyone who today is machining TJ barrels is learned in front of Jim Gaske even Travis the one from JSaririfles that if he is a scammer he does not know about mechanization I bought him a TJ and he made me crap just as they believe a lot that they can mechanize a barrel TJ as I told you before, only in the United States
1f1fa-1f1f8.svg
there were two that mechanized these barrels super well structured Jim gaske and Roy, but today since they retired Jim prepared bill greathouse a good machinist

Hey buddy, you are the one "challenging" people to shoot 1" groups at 150m lol. So I'm calling you out - where is YOUR video shooting 1" at 150m???

I challenged you with the group at 100 meters of 0.8715 ”in .25 and you blocked me for that and you watched the video so if you didn't even do that 100 meters you are the least indicated to claim the group at 150 meters. Yes, I will do it with everything and video. no fake video they will see each shot and they will have two cameras focus everything well, but I will not please you, I never spoke badly to you for you to disrespect me, always what you want is that in this rifle pcp is not all business as I am looking at it, and that people have the right to complain, fx pays a lot of publicity and there are many people who can not say anything bad about fx because there is a paid staff that with other frustrated users fall on him talking to him that they can't talk bad about fx and things like that. how if the one who pays for his rifle has no right to claim, I would like the manufacturers to have more quality control and be sure of the precision of a barrel. not that in the description of the store they tell you you can make shots at 100 meters and when you do those tests you cannot make good groups at 50 meters it is a shame that a 2000 dollar rifle cannot make you a good group at 100 meters that rob the customer

@RDairgun023 

Ok enough pissing on something you don’t have. TJ barrels are great, sure, you won the barrel lottery. But there is no need to piss on FX barrels when plenty of people have achieved 1 inch group or better with FX barrels here. Plenty of YouTube videos from FX guns doing just that while I don’t really see TJ barrel videos, especially yours. 

while appreciate you trying to help but you aren’t always right, like your suggestion to go to .22 slugs in my TJ barrel is completely wrong, tried .216 slugs and it shot much better than .217 and .22 slugs will straight up plug the barrel. You aren’t always right, take a chill pill bud. 

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
@RDairgun023 

Ok enough pissing on something you don’t have. TJ barrels are great, sure, you won the barrel lottery. But there is no need to piss on FX barrels when plenty of people have achieved 1 inch group or better with FX barrels here. Plenty of YouTube videos from FX guns doing just that while I don’t really see TJ barrel videos, especially yours. 

while appreciate you trying to help but you aren’t always right, like your suggestion to go to .22 slugs in my TJ barrel is completely wrong, tried .216 slugs and it shot much better than .217 and .22 slugs will straight up plug the barrel. You aren’t always right, take a chill pill bud. 

I go to the point I was several fx impacts and they were never accurate I bought all the liner that they threw I spent thousands of pellets and slug taking precision test at 100 meters and the best precision was only up to 75 meters, all those videos that most of you see are YouTube paid by fx. and the others are frustrated fans who fool themselves by grabbing groups at 50 meters that is stupid to make a group at 50 meters with such an expensive rifle and with a 700mm barrel so long they must have better precision I think they must demand more , fx pistols are the ones with the longest barrel on the market and are the ones that make the best group at long distance think and observe before speaking, buy a 380mm fx barrel and make a better group than mine at 100 meters . it shows that fx is better and so you shut up the white one and I stop talking, my barrel tj .25 has 14.5 ”inch uses the same length and shows the precision of what you say, and in the other tj .30 I have 24 inches that for I think it is a lot of length, I am thinking of cutting it to 20 inches, and another thing that I am going to tell you that the TJ barrels will come to light and one day you will say look at the crazy that you were talking about was right. EVOL is already using it in their rifles and see see compare the precision of an evol with a fx to see which is more accurate, another thing that your barrel tj does not work with the .22 and it gives you problems with the others that it's because a bad job was done on that barrel. I'm going to tell you again, only in the United States 🇺🇸 there were two people who knew how to machine this barrel, now there is bill greathouse, my barrel works with all types of pellets and slug regardless of the grain, yet they are precise, different from others that I see that only stupid they say this barrel is accurate and they can only make groups of one inch at 75 meters, they spend years trying to make that group that is not precision, that is business to sell their product as they do, do not be stupid and do not defend a company that only thinks about getting money out of your pocket 💰 fx is one of the company that throws the most guns on the market, this is not for precision because everything I see that they remain the same this is for them to get rich with money, another thing is that because fx bought the patent of the slug from Ratsniper that nowadays are called slug fx hybrid, it was because of its precision that they saw and he took all those tests with a TJ barrel in his fx impact. You can look and see it, your maria the fans s of fx are blind
AF6EDC53-02F5-4B26-A83D-6D073803F3CA.1601388329.jpeg
404102F0-F852-49B5-806B-505F1B159AB7.1601388330.jpeg
321CED84-0896-41AB-930A-FDEF0151E2CC.1601388332.jpeg

So what happened with this? I plan on doing the same thing- A TJ liner for my Impact. TJ's will custom grind a barrel O.D. for you- which is what I'm doing. The Impact has a 14mm O.D. barrel. Simply request him grind the O.D. to 14mm. No worries about machining the O.D. down. All you'd have to worry about is copy the barrel contour and threads at the breech end. The threads for the transfer port are M12-1. Then decide whether you want the muzzle threaded or not. Muzzle threads would be better than an adapter. But you need to be sure there's enough material to create a square shoulder for the LDC to butt up against.

So what happened with this? I plan on doing the same thing- A TJ liner for my Impact. TJ's will custom grind a barrel O.D. for you- which is what I'm doing. The Impact has a 14mm O.D. barrel. Simply request him grind the O.D. to 14mm. No worries about machining the O.D. down. All you'd have to worry about is copy the barrel contour and threads at the breech end. The threads for the transfer port are M12-1. Then decide whether you want the muzzle threaded or not. Muzzle threads would be better than an adapter. But you need to be sure there's enough material to create a square shoulder for the LDC to butt up against.

think everyone go tired of that rdairguns023 guy, very annoying with all the bragging and very little facts nor even correct information. His suggestion of using .22 slugs in my TJ barrel is plain stupidity because the .217 slugs can barely be pushed through. I tried .216 and the results where quite good but I decided to stick to my .22 600mm FX barrel because it’s lighter and stupid accurate unlike someone’s ignorant claim. Personally I would not spend the money and time on a TJ barrel when the new FX barrel with superior liner is just unbelievably accurate especially if you add ernest Rowe’s carbon liner sleeve and tension the barrel on top of that. 

if you still go the TJ route then just add a 14mm ID -20mm OD carbon tube for tension with the moderator. 

RD, you are mistaken Sir, Only the TJ's pellet barrel is small in bore. The Proper TJ's for slugs is .223 in dia.

I have quite a collection of TJ. .22 pellet, .22 slug, .250 slug, .257 slug. .172 slug, and multiple of some of them. I also have and FX Superior slug and FX Superior Heavy for slugs

all are accurate, however I did have to remove the chokes on the FX barrels as the choke is made for the FX slugs, and does not play well with standard fully solid slugs. 

I design and test slugs for others, including a few for mold makers and manufacturer, and make my own for my own use. Here is an 80 yard group of 1 shot to settle the reg, and 10 on target along with a target with 60 on target. My HP slugs. Why 80 yards, it is all i have on my personal home range. I am a hand gunner first and foremost. 

As to TJ's being the best, Hardly, however fully custom barrels fitted can run from 700 to 1000+. USD. Look Lija, shillen, Kreiger, Heck, just look up custom match and bench rest barrels. TJ's is a replacement liners for barrels that are shot out. We adapt them to AG use. And they work well. 

Knife

DSC02656.1613687528.JPG
81546785_524643144809297_657023369429909504_n.1613687546.jpg
DSC02695.1613687656.JPG
DSC02553.1613687717.JPG
DSC02710.1613687754.JPG
DSC02676.1613687818.JPG
Custom Raptor 1 day before the ice storm. This is my personal range. THE 60 shot group was shot with my off hand due to injury. 

Knife

friend you, those barrels that travis sells are not very good, and I have a friend who has a youngest marauder .22 217 1:18 with a TJ barrel that does rabbit hunt at 180 meters without losing its precision, mechanized by bill greathouse, he He is using the tool that Jim Gaske used, that is what they really know how to work a TJ barrel, not everyone knows how to machine a TJ barrel, I have TJ at .25 .30 now I'm going to have the .22 machined I'll show you that The machinist knows what he is going to order and he is going to ask the TJ company for the diameter that the customer wants, I am going to have a .218 machined 1:18