• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

tj barrel

I have a 1-20 twist 308 on my cothran and it is very accurate with a number of bullets and both jsb .30 pellets. I know that's a general statement but true. I set mine at 75 yards for the deer and hog stand and its holes touching if I do my part. Its more accurate than I am for sure. It is important to match the twist rate to the bullet of coarse. I also just received a .257 barrel for it today from him. All ive heard about the .257 from him its very accurate. He is very easy to deal with also.

hello a question to all my friends what is the best spin in a TJ barrel to shoot pellet jsb king heavies 34.95gr

I don't think you need to invest in a TJ barrel to achieve good accuracy with 33.94gr JSB Kings. The diablo shape of the pellet lends itself to good stability. This is predominantly evident within the 50-60 yard range. Most high end PCP manufacturers have put a lot of R&D into their product, and they've matched a barrel with the rest of the platform that is ideal for pellets. When guys order the TJ barrel, it's usually with the intention of switching over to slugs, or having the flexibility to switch between slugs and pellets. So if you want to upgrade your rifle to a TJ barrel to get better accuracy from pellets, the first thing I would do is tune the gun to see if you can tighten up your groups. You might be able to achieve laser accuracy with the pellets simply by changing some regulator of power wheel settings. 

What is your set-up? Make, model, barrel length, regulator pressure, and velocity? What's your goal with the gun? If you're looking for 100 yards MOA or sub MOA groups with pellets, you'll be hard pressed to achieve it. Pellets are very susceptible to deviating off course from wind. The diablo shape and light weight make them much more prone to instability than slugs. So the only way to get sub MOA groups with pellets at long range will be to shoot them in an controlled environment, absent of wind. 

But if you want to switch to a TJ barrel to have the flexibility to shoot slugs, you first need to know if your gun is flexible enough with its power settings to accommodate or justify the upgrade. Slugs require higher power than pellets. Most slug shooters shooting small bore slugs (i.e. .177, .22, .25) have their guns tuned to shoot the slugs 900+ fps. The slugs seem to stabilize better at higher velocities. 

That's just my $.02

hello a question to all my friends what is the best spin in a TJ barrel to shoot pellet jsb king heavies 34.95gr

I don't think you need to invest in a TJ barrel to achieve good accuracy with 33.94gr JSB Kings. The diablo shape of the pellet lends itself to good stability. This is predominantly evident within the 50-60 yard range. Most high end PCP manufacturers have put a lot of R&D into their product, and they've matched a barrel with the rest of the platform that is ideal for pellets. When guys order the TJ barrel, it's usually with the intention of switching over to slugs, or having the flexibility to switch between slugs and pellets. So if you want to upgrade your rifle to a TJ barrel to get better accuracy from pellets, the first thing I would do is tune the gun to see if you can tighten up your groups. You might be able to achieve laser accuracy with the pellets simply by changing some regulator of power wheel settings. 

What is your set-up? Make, model, barrel length, regulator pressure, and velocity? What's your goal with the gun? If you're looking for 100 yards MOA or sub MOA groups with pellets, you'll be hard pressed to achieve it. Pellets are very susceptible to deviating off course from wind. The diablo shape and light weight make them much more prone to instability than slugs. So the only way to get sub MOA groups with pellets at long range will be to shoot them in an controlled environment, absent of wind. 

But if you want to switch to a TJ barrel to have the flexibility to shoot slugs, you first need to know if your gun is flexible enough with its power settings to accommodate or justify the upgrade. Slugs require higher power than pellets. Most slug shooters shooting small bore slugs (i.e. .177, .22, .25) have their guns tuned to shoot the slugs 900+ fps. The slugs seem to stabilize better at higher velocities. 

That's just my $.02

Thank you very much for your information, friend. this is for a friend I have a TJ barrel and I use it more with slug because I like them more than pellets. but I also usually shoot pellets with my barrel tj. They are I make groups at 100m with all kinds of pellets either pellet or slug. but my friend is impressed with what i can do with my barrel tj. but he doesn't like to shoot slug. And do you think that if he orders a barrel tj for pellets he thinks that it will be much more precise? I tell him that he cannot ask for more than what this barrel does at 100m. I have never tried these groups before with other barrels I have tried everything here was my last attempt with a barrel tj. Thanks friend for your great information. I appreciate it.

You're welcome. I'm also pretty sure that TJ barrels are barrel liners, not barrels. There will need to be gunsmith machine work on top of the purchase of the barrel liner. I have a friend in Russia who does FABULOUS machine work. His name is Alex. He's made me 2 barrels with custom twists in 2 different calibers that are laser accurate. He does all the machine work for you. He even gives you options of different twists for different calibers. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll give you his email address. The 2 barrels he made for me cost me $185 each. That was a flat rate including shipping. The barrels were 24" (610mm) designed for the AirForce Condor. They were polygon, carbon fiber wrapped. He did all lathe machining, cut in the lead on the breech, threaded the muzzle with 1/2-20 UNF threads, and crowned it all for $185. That was cheaper than I could buy a stock Condor barrel from AirForce, and AF would have charged me shipping on top of that. So to say it's a good deal is an understatement. 

Again, if you're interested in this, PM me and I'll give you his contact info. He is VERY honest! 

You're welcome. I'm also pretty sure that TJ barrels are barrel liners, not barrels. There will need to be gunsmith machine work on top of the purchase of the barrel liner. I have a friend in Russia who does FABULOUS machine work. His name is Alex. He's made me 2 barrels with custom twists in 2 different calibers that are laser accurate. He does all the machine work for you. He even gives you options of different twists for different calibers. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll give you his email address. The 2 barrels he made for me cost me $185 each. That was a flat rate including shipping. The barrels were 24" (610mm) designed for the AirForce Condor. They were polygon, carbon fiber wrapped. He did all lathe machining, cut in the lead on the breech, threaded the muzzle with 1/2-20 UNF threads, and crowned it all for $185. That was cheaper than I could buy a stock Condor barrel from AirForce, and AF would have charged me shipping on top of that. So to say it's a good deal is an understatement. 

Again, if you're interested in this, PM me and I'll give you his contact info. He is VERY honest!

you are very far from the information should investigate more. TJ also makes barrels here you can see the videos on youtube of friend who have TJ barrels like me. I'm not talking to you for talking without knowing friend, I'm sure of what I'm saying. the first video is from the maker of the #ratsniper slug which is now called fx. He has a barrel TJ .357 for several years, the rest of youtube can see that they have TJ

https://youtu.be/0F8YINsCm70

https://youtu.be/pCbslyX1waA

https://youtu.be/aZkeKUNrKAg

https://youtu.be/OSH4zpzxLYs

https://youtu.be/iQWhz7XujBY

https://youtu.be/7p81nXGutVs

https://youtu.be/yqYOahSlk3E

https://youtu.be/XV5kiBWP5Gs

https://youtu.be/Ut8-gnKHilM

https://youtu.be/osfwE_SWLh8

Can you please attach a link to the website where you can buy a completed TJ barrel for a particular air rifle manufacturer? I've never been able to find it. I've only been able to find the barrel liners. I looked high and low for them before I finally went with the Russian barrel. Reason being both required custom machining, and it just made more sense to go with my buddy Alex in Russia. I got way more bang for my buck. But if you can provide me with the website where I can order a specific, completed TJ barrel for any particular air rifle manufacturer, I'd love to see it. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just don't know where it is. 

I am now grabbing shots at 100m with my warp cobra. .25 38.5gr 1:22 and with 14.5 ”inch of barrel. and if I can help you my friend bill can make you the TJ barrel for any air rifle you want
1590794200_14799402205ed197d8992142.30987095.jpeg
1590794202_1329161735ed197da324df1.91273912.jpeg
1590794203_1640226745ed197dbe17a00.65361154.jpeg

Can you please attach a link to the website where you can buy a completed TJ barrel for a particular air rifle manufacturer? I've never been able to find it. I've only been able to find the barrel liners. I looked high and low for them before I finally went with the Russian barrel. Reason being both required custom machining, and it just made more sense to go with my buddy Alex in Russia. I got way more bang for my buck. But if you can provide me with the website where I can order a specific, completed TJ barrel for any particular air rifle manufacturer, I'd love to see it. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just don't know where it is.

you can write to email or call one of these numbers

[email protected]

1 (859) 553 3578 cell

1 (859) 887 5403 store

LOL. I rest my case. The aforementioned sources for TJ barrels do custom machine work for the barrel per order. It's no different than the direction I pointed you to for Alex in Russia. You contact him, give him the make, model, caliber, and twist rate your looking for, and he takes a gun barrel blank or a barrel liner, and he machines it to specifics. When you think of ordering a TJ barrel, it's not like ordering a LW barrel for a particular make and model of gun where you can go straight to the manufacturers website and they have the barrel in stock, ready to ship. The barrels have to be made on a case by case basis. And the barrel blank needs to be machined to specifics. They don't have spare TJ barrels tucked away on the shelf some place because 99% of the air rifle manufacturer's rifles are designed for pellets, and they have determined that the slower twist of the LW barrels (1:17.7) is ideal for pellets. So if you want a custom barrel with a faster of slower twist, you need to find an individual or company outside of the manufacturer to make it for you. And since the demand for this is low, the people who manufacture these custom barrels make them to order. They might buy the barrel liners in bulk (any by in bulk I mean they may have a dozen 24" barrel liners in .22, .25, .30, or .357 in a specific twist, but they don't have a hundred barrels already machined and ready to go for delivery for any and every make of air rifle. It doesn't make sense financially to them. 

It's good to have options. I appreciate the info. But I just wanted to be clear that in order to get a TJ barrel, it has to be custom machined, and it's made to order. 

LOL. I rest my case. The aforementioned sources for TJ barrels do custom machine work for the barrel per order. It's no different than the direction I pointed you to for Alex in Russia. You contact him, give him the make, model, caliber, and twist rate your looking for, and he takes a gun barrel blank or a barrel liner, and he machines it to specifics. When you think of ordering a TJ barrel, it's not like ordering a LW barrel for a particular make and model of gun where you can go straight to the manufacturers website and they have the barrel in stock, ready to ship. The barrels have to be made on a case by case basis. And the barrel blank needs to be machined to specifics. They don't have spare TJ barrels tucked away on the shelf some place because 99% of the air rifle manufacturer's rifles are designed for pellets, and they have determined that the slower twist of the LW barrels (1:17.7) is ideal for pellets. So if you want a custom barrel with a faster of slower twist, you need to find an individual or company outside of the manufacturer to make it for you. And since the demand for this is low, the people who manufacture these custom barrels make them to order. They might buy the barrel liners in bulk (any by in bulk I mean they may have a dozen 24" barrel liners in .22, .25, .30, or .357 in a specific twist, but they don't have a hundred barrels already machined and ready to go for delivery for any and every make of air rifle. It doesn't make sense financially to them. 

It's good to have options. I appreciate the info. But I just wanted to be clear that in order to get a TJ barrel, it has to be custom machined, and it's made to order.

you are not making anything clear. because the best products are what are tailored to the customer. if I have contact with the manufacturer of Tj. But I'm not going to place an order and then have to mechanize. If there are people who always want something to their liking, this is the solution. I bought a barrel LW match that cost 475 USD. and it does not work better for me than the TJ barrel who worked on mechanizing the TJ knows how to do it, so I am going to start inventing without having the triangulation tool. how stupid that sounds. because if there is a coating or barrel TJ it is because that is its brand. It is my thought that I am a married man and I do a very good hunting at 275 meters with the TJ. in my fx impact mk2 I had a TJ in my condor. had TJ. in my modified marauder I had a TJ. in my warp cobra I have a TJ. the RTI I'm thinking of buying him a TJ and throwing out the LW. but the RTI is giving me a problem with the Regulator. I am thinking of buying you a JSAR regulator. The same JSAR sells you a rifle from his rifle with an LW at 1400/1750 USD. but if the rifle with a TJ barrel you have to pay 150 dollars more 😂😂😂. So for something is that he asks for 150 usd more