Titan element 5-25x56 ffp Review

Really? This is surprising. What Helix models do you have, as I have the 4-16 and had the 6-24. Thanks. S7
I have both the FFP and SFP 6-24x50 Helix scopes. Both have great clarity and have been excellent. I wanted to 'upgrade' my optics for my new 500mm .30 Panthera, so I bought the 3-18x50 Titan. Not impressed with the clarity at all on the Titan vs my Helix scopes. Certainly not worth the jump in price.
After that purchase, I jumped ship and bought an Athlon Helos 6-24x56 for my new Daystate and I don't think I'm going back to Element at this point.
Far better scope vs. price when compared to my Element scopes.

Both the Arkens and Athlons have impressed me.
I have 2 DiscoveryOpt 5-25x56 PRS scopes with Japanese ED glass and used them in competition really putting them through their paces and I was so so impressed, apparently made in the same factory as the Arkens.

I have both the FFP and SFP 6-24x50 Helix scopes. Both have great clarity and have been excellent. I wanted to 'upgrade' my optics for my new 500mm .30 Panthera, so I bought the 3-18x50 Titan. Not impressed with the clarity at all on the Titan vs my Helix scopes. Certainly not worth the jump in price.
After that purchase, I jumped ship and bought an Athlon Helos 6-24x56 for my new Daystate and I don't think I'm going back to Element at this point.
Far better scope vs. price when compared to my Element scopes.
Okay. I presently have the 4-16x44 FFP. It looks pretty clear to me. (I would like to peer through a Nexus, and almost bought one on this forum several times.) I have one more question: If the Helix scopes you own both "have great clarity and have been excellent," what is it about the Helos that moved you from element? Price? Better glass? Mechanics? Thanks. S7

Okay. I presently have the 4-16x44 FFP. It looks pretty clear to me. (I would like to peer through a Nexus, and almost bought one on this forum several times.) I have one more question: If the Helix scopes you own both "have great clarity and have been excellent," what is it about the Helos that moved you from element? Price? Better glass? Mechanics? Thanks. S7
I'm very satisfied with the Helos. It's has locking turrets (never understood why I would want them until I had them), a great feature. Zero stop and illuminated reticle. I seldom use illumination function, but when I need it, it's handy. Side focus adjustment goes all the way down to 10 yards. 34mm tube with 100 MOA or 29 MIL of elevation adjustment (depending on model), So essentially the same features as the Titan but 175 bucks cheaper. I like the reticle on the Athlon better as well.
I will say this about Athlon that is a negative in my book. The turret caps are not tooless to remove. Has a little coin slot. Not a huge deal, but after using an Element it gets aggravating.
Also, the Athlon does NOT come with flip up dust caps, nor does it come with a sunshade. I always thought that was a nice touch when buying an Element.
I went with an Aftermarket company, MK Machining, for my scope caps, as well as a throw lever, focus wheel and a turret magnifier. A little pricey, but their quality is top shelf. MK's caps are built like tanks compared to the thin flimsy ones that come Element. Not that I'm going into combat with my air rifle, but whatever.
I ordered a sunshade from Optics Planet.
So in a nutshell, pros and cons to each, but If I were to choose between a Titan and Athlon. I'd go with the Athlon. If I had to choose between a Titan and a Helix, I'd stick with my Helix.
I can't even justify a Nexus at this point after trying a Titan.

Reactions: airgunmike56
I also have a 5-25 FFP Titan and I am not really all that happy with it either. It is a serious boat anchor and started on an FX M3, but is now relegated to my bench/range 30.06 because they're both overweight and make a good pairing. That said, in that price range you can get a lot better overall package from Athlon. I was gifted a Helix as well, and while I think the Helix is a better value, I won't be buying another Element scope. I also find the Athlon scopes a much better buy in a quality and value.

I'm very satisfied with the Helos. It's has locking turrets (never understood why I would want them until I had them), a great feature. Zero stop and illuminated reticle. I seldom use illumination function, but when I need it, it's handy. Side focus adjustment goes all the way down to 10 yards. 34mm tube with 100 MOA or 29 MIL of elevation adjustment (depending on model), So essentially the same features as the Titan but 175 bucks cheaper. I like the reticle on the Athlon better as well.
I will say this about Athlon that is a negative in my book. The turret caps are not tooless to remove. Has a little coin slot. Not a huge deal, but after using an Element it gets aggravating.
Also, the Athlon does NOT come with flip up dust caps, nor does it come with a sunshade. I always thought that was a nice touch when buying an Element.
I went with an Aftermarket company, MK Machining, for my scope caps, as well as a throw lever, focus wheel and a turret magnifier. A little pricey, but their quality is top shelf. MK's caps are built like tanks compared to the thin flimsy ones that come Element. Not that I'm going into combat with my air rifle, but whatever.
I ordered a sunshade from Optics Planet.
So in a nutshell, pros and cons to each, but If I were to choose between a Titan and Athlon. I'd go with the Athlon. If I had to choose between a Titan and a Helix, I'd stick with my Helix.
I can't even justify a Nexus at this point after trying a Titan.
GA,

I copy on the Helos. (What model and reticle do you have? I like the donut/circle on the 2-12, perhaps because it’s different and I do not have anything like it.)

I am not a fan of coin-turned turrets, either. Don’t get me wrongly: I am still a dabbler in all of this, but I like what I like.

And, yes, I think Athlon’s barebones package is a bit striking these days. I can handle this ‘just a scope’ package when I look at ZCO, but even then I think lens covers of some kind are in order. (ZCO doesn’t give any accessories, correct?) On the other hand, I briefly had a March 4.5-28x52, and it came quite accessorized.

Element does make for a nice package. But, if someone does not care for a given scope, accessories won’t cut it. As has been noted elsewhere, Element also caused a few people to up their game by using stainless steel with the zero stop, and, I think, Athlon is one of them. (It might have been Joe Rhea that mentioned this?)

Anyway, I have the Ares ETR 3-18 or I probably would be interested in a Helos. Steve123 loves them, and he gets around.

I still would like to peer through a Nexus, but probably won’t for a while, unless the Scope Fairy puts one under my pillow.

Thanks. S7

Reactions: GA_LeadHead
I also have a 5-25 FFP Titan and I am not really all that happy with it either. It is a serious boat anchor and started on an FX M3, but is now relegated to my bench/range 30.06 because they're both overweight and make a good pairing. That said, in that price range you can get a lot better overall package from Athlon. I was gifted a Helix as well, and while I think the Helix is a better value, I won't be buying another Element scope. I also find the Athlon scopes a much better buy in a quality and value.
mtd,

I would have been more interested in the original Titan if it was not so heavy. Then, when the 3-18 came out, it was lighter but still too heavy for me for what the price was, and likely, what the optics would be. I cannot comment much further as I have never looked through one.
And I, too, apologize to the OP if I moved this post out of the way.
Thanks. S7

GA,

I copy on the Helos. (What model and reticle do you have? I like the donut/circle on the 2-12, perhaps because it’s different and I do not have anything like it.)
I have the APLR6 FFP IR MOA reticle.

1683468386452.png

I have the APLR6 FFP IR MOA reticle.

View attachment 354330
I like this reticle, though I have somehow become a bit more of a MIL guy. I definitely prefer these dots instead of a solid line for windage, and space around the center cross or dot is virtually mandatory. I also prefer a few MOA/MIL lines for hold under, and not a full line to the top. It’s cleaner. Nice. Thanks. S7