• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Resources Tirrell/Thomas Death Star

Thanks , i was referring to a rest that is built around the action ,trigger ,and barrel assembly where human interaction is at a minimum while the shot is fired . the rest is bolted or weighted to the platform
I think what you are referring to is a rail-gun. I have never seen one that was mass produced, so you would probably have to contact a 'smith to get a quote on building one. I don't know of any competition format that allows the gun or rest to be attached to the bench, but rail guns I have seen typically have very heavy bases.

--Jim

Reactions: beerthief
1691011819280.png

1691011885630.png

I would suggest a name change to what Mike is shooting.
If I am shooting EBR,RMAC or even my local club and shooting from a bench and using a rest, I would say I am shooting Benchrest. I mean what else would you call it? Funny benchrest, silly benchrest, almost benchrest???
Now what Mike & others are shooting is the pursuit in ultimate supreme accuracy and over several cards, no matter the restrictions on the weapon or the cost involved to obtain it. So how about you shoot Supreme Benchrest or Ultimate Benchrest or something more clever, this way there would be no confusion into what event we are really taking about.

Reactions: SpiralGroove
So how about you shoot Supreme Benchrest or Ultimate Benchrest or something more clever, this way there would be no confusion into what event we are really taking about.
AJT, sorry man. I mean no disrespect to you. I’m simply springboarding off your ‘often heard’ name change recommendation by others. I tried to hold my tongue but...

For over 120 years Benchrest has been Benchrest. The name is being appropriated and usurped for a different carnival like shooting sport for sales and legitimacy. That’s the rub.

When Pickle ball was created they did not continue to call it tennis, not even “tiny tennis.” Cornhole did not appropriate the name of some other activities. For thousands of years marriage meant something - now, for legitimacy, that English word means something else.

Now... we should consider changing the word “Benchrest”? To accommodate those that can’t accept “no”. Is this another example of America’s current all inclusive ‘woke’ thinking? One card circus-like events are a mockery of long held traditional Benchrest events. It's extremely obvious compared to the current WRABF and the contents of this entire thread.

Again. No offense to you AJT. This is not aimed at you. I can see that you are a problem-solver and you’re simply trying to help. Thank you.

Last edited:
Now... we should consider changing the word “Benchrest”? To accommodate those that can’t accept “no”. Is this another example of America’s current all inclusive ‘woke’ thinking? One card circus-like events are a mockery of long held traditional Benchrest events. It's extremely obvious compared to the current WRABF and the contents of this entire thread.
I agree that you should not change the name of what you define as Benchrest. Given that, what should we call an event that is shot from a bench and rest that does not fit your definition of Benchrest? I do not think we should have to just deny that it exists. If we knew what the elites want us to call it, maybe we could use that term without hurting their feelings. After all, this whole discussion seems to be about someone's "woke" feelings.

--Jim

To show respect, it's up the the new guys to make up the new word to call it.
"Words mean something" - Obama

On the other hand I heard that RMAC calls the "warm up" match a "fun shoot". Then, maybe call it "Final Fun Shoot".
Ha, I was just thinking maybe its an American word that's foreign to Daystate, FX & others since they are not American companies. But then I realized that was a stupid thought :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
Wow, this is what I get for going fishing out of WiFi range for a few days.
Wow, someone complained to the admins about this thread?
Wow, heated discussions over OPs positive experience shooting a precision instrument leading to AG advancements?
Does daystate & others know electric triggers should not be allowed?
I often wonder why appropriating the name “Benchrest” is so dog-gone important.
I don’t know about others but I’m about out of popcorn 😎

Yeah Mike. Like Tim said, “best salesman ever! “ 🤪View attachment 378299
I'm surprised this post wasn't removed....If I remember correctly, from my previous chastisedes, rule 10 says NOTHING POLITICAL...no matter how factual it is. Someone's feeling is going to be hurt and that must not happen. EVERYBODY is a winner in the world of rainbows and unicorns.😉