• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tips on being steady with wildcat or bullpups in general.

I got a .22 FX Wildcat. Other gun is a .25 Marauder. The wildcat is really nice and very accurate. I can consistently hit 3" metal circle targets I have set at 67 yards.

However, I do find it more difficult to hold this shorter and lighter design perfectly still. With the large marauder it's very easy to be steady.

What are some tips for the shorter and lighter rifles? I find even from a bench rest I have more trouble keeping the shorter gun perfectly still.

See what happens if you tighten up your cheek weld more than you use on the Marauder. The bull pups have a different relationship between your shoulder and cheek contact. The butt is probably riding a little higher on your shoulder and this can make the bullpup seem to pop the rear of the gun up compared to what you are accustomed. Lock down your cheek weld a bit tighter and see if that counteracts the change.

I'm assuming you are asking about how the gun behaves at discharge, not how easy it is to point steadily.

I found just the opposite. I have a Marauder and found the gun to be hard to steady because it being heavy towards the end of the barrel. My Cricket is much easier to steady for me. I do keep my elbow in tight as cally88 mentioned. I also dont grip the fore grip with my left hand (right hand shooter) I allow the fore grip rest in my palm. 

For bench nothing beats a good bipod. I found for the money the Harris-s series(swivel) 6-9 inch adjustable cant be matched for bullpups. Harris and a rear bag your groups will improve guaranteed. Off hand I find the extra weight of the attached bipod helps keep a light weight bullpup steadier.

On my 25 Cricket bullpup with the bulldog stock the bipod adds too much weight up front and I shoot better off hand without the bipod attached. A buddy has a 22 Wildcat that I shot this summer and it was a light gun. My suggestion would be add a bipod to your gun, try shooting off hand then remove it. See what works better for you.

Last there is a big difference between a Harris or Atlas and knockoffs I have tried many knockoffs. The UTG swat 5 - 9 inch adjustable was the best but the Harris-s is a lot better if you want tight groups. Especially off uneven surfaces like a hood of a car/truck or the ground.