Tips for buying used/secondhand? (MN, USA)

I'd like to find a good Air Arms s200 (also sold as the CZ 200/ Avanti Valiant / Daisy xs40). Just missed a couple on here last month, before I was looking. Hoping to find the hunter (sporter) version, but may consider the target version.
Have you looked at this one? (I am not affliated to this listing for the AA S200 for sale)

$400 (formerly $450/$500) + shipping. Excellent condition. Comes with upgraded trigger, adjustable butt pad. Only shot this gun indoors. Get 110 shots from a rated fill of 200 bar, averaging 542 fps (4.0% ES) and 5.5 #ft. Extremely accurate. Scope & rings not included.
Prefer paypal f+f.

* AA S200 T-1.JPG (872.37 kB, 2592x1944 - viewed 13 times.)

So I'm new to getting deeper into airguns, and I don't want to buy just-anything new. I want to be careful with my money, and only spend my budget on something USED when I can ... that way I could resell it if it doesn't work out, and not lose as much of my hobby budget.

I'd like to buy something pretty specific (a used PCP), but I'm having trouble finding the right resources.

Do you have any suggestions beyond what I've done so far?
  • FB Marketplace and Craigslist are cooked ... posts are flagged quickly there and there's nothing there apart from $15 red ryders
  • I've called the gun shops locally, asking if they know of any local shops who do secondhand air guns. Nothin doing.
  • ... so I've taken the search online (the classifieds here, GTA classifieds, and AGW classifieds)
    • I monitor ebay casually, but there's not much action there

Are there secondhand markets that I'm missing? Everything I find online seems to be in the UK, where they are somehow much more enthusiast-supportive, especially with used AGs.

I'm open to suggestion. Thanks!
This (AGN) forum in the classifieds is probably the best place to look if you don't have a local airgun shop. Most, if not all, regular gun shops don't know diddly about airguns and if they have any in stock, are probably cheap crap. You can do better at Walmart. Buying used on this forum, I suggest the following:
1. Buy from someone with a good history of selling things. You can look up the person's history.
2. Shy away from members who have been members for only a short time (less than a year), especially if what they're selling is a good deal. It could be a scammer.
3, Keep your eyes open for quality stuff
4. Buy new from a reputable online airgun dealer. You will get a new gun warranty and exactily the features that you want.

Trenier Airguns is a good dealer located in Sparta, Wisconsin. I've dealt with Jeff for quite a few years. You can call him and make an appointment to see what he has in stock. Good guy. Where in MN are you? I'm on Onalaska, WI

Trenier Airguns is a good dealer located in Sparta, Wisconsin. I've dealt with Jeff for quite a few years. You can call him and make an appointment to see what he has in stock. Good guy. Where in MN are you? I'm on Onalaska, WI

I'm in the twin cities, and I drive 94/90 a few times per year, so I'll give them a call -- their site shows only FX brand, but i know it's difficult to stay current if there is used/non-stocked items coming and going. Thank you.

I'm in the twin cities, and I drive 94/90 a few times per year, so I'll give them a call -- their site shows only FX brand, but i know it's difficult to stay current if there is used/non-stocked items coming and going. Thank you.
He can order from some other sources, and he often has some used stuff. BTW, Crosman now has a 15 percent off sale on everything.

I'd like to find a good Air Arms s200 (also sold as the CZ 200/ Avanti Valiant / Daisy xs40). Just missed a couple on here last month, before I was looking. Hoping to find the hunter (sporter) version, but may consider the target version.
I sent a pm to a well known and established member here for you lol . He may have what you are looking for if I remember him correctly . He is a very trustworthy individual IMHO lol .

If he does he may contact you . Be patient and it will pay off . (y):coffee:

So I'm new to getting deeper into airguns, and I don't want to buy just-anything new. I want to be careful with my money, and only spend my budget on something USED when I can ... that way I could resell it if it doesn't work out, and not lose as much of my hobby budget.

I'd like to buy something pretty specific (a used PCP), but I'm having trouble finding the right resources.

Do you have any suggestions beyond what I've done so far?
  • FB Marketplace and Craigslist are cooked ... posts are flagged quickly there and there's nothing there apart from $15 red ryders
  • I've called the gun shops locally, asking if they know of any local shops who do secondhand air guns. Nothin doing.
  • ... so I've taken the search online (the classifieds here, GTA classifieds, and AGW classifieds)
    • I monitor ebay casually, but there's not much action there

Are there secondhand markets that I'm missing? Everything I find online seems to be in the UK, where they are somehow much more enthusiast-supportive, especially with used AGs.

I'm open to suggestion. Thanks!
Based on personal experience...good luck. Had a guy, turned out to be local, selling two mavericks, as soon as he found out I could do a F/F he ghosted me, yeah, scam. Got another Maverick, third hand, someone totally screwed it up, interesting project, FX gave me all the parts I needed to fix it. BUT I've gotten other things that were ok. That said, I'd buy only from someone that is local or has REALLY GREAT references.

ARTF there will be an airgun field target match THIS SATURDAY (13th) at Oakdale Gun Club (just east of SP)starting at 10:00. This would be a good opportunity to find out more about airgunning, see and shoot some different guns/scopes and ask questions. New air gun enthusiasts are always welcome! PM me if I can help. Uj

And there's a surprising number of us from Minnesota. Too bad eBay doesn't work for us. There's a few deals to be had on there if you're diligent and feel lucky; they just won't let us buy them.

All because of a decision made by Tim, not a law, not a rule, just an order. Drives me CRAZY!!!

OH! And it ONLY affects eBay.

Reactions: Frozenspyder
All because of a decision made by Tim, not a law, not a rule, just an order. Drives me CRAZY!!!

OH! And it ONLY affects eBay.

It wouldn't be the first time eBay found a way to lose my business. They're a husk of what they used to be, so I'm happy to not go through them. (plus, you can go around them, to get at the seller sometimes) ;)

For my own purposes, I can ignore ebay. Sellers there are even more estranged, and the items even more of a wildcard anyway. But for anyone who wants to read about it, i found a thread about the MN/ebay issue.

Thank you for bringing to my attention!

It wouldn't be the first time eBay found a way to lose my business. They're a husk of what they used to be, so I'm happy to not go through them. (plus, you can go around them, to get at the seller sometimes) ;)

For my own purposes, I can ignore ebay. Sellers there are even more estranged, and the items even more of a wildcard anyway. But for anyone who wants to read about it, i found a thread about the MN/ebay issue.

Thank you for bringing to my attention!
Have you had a chance to contact seller of the AA200 that I linked to above?