• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Time to make a change?

I'm sure many of you have grappled with this decision but....

I love my air ranger. Its gorgeous and its as accurate as can be which is my biggest requirement. However ....

I find myself using it from the bench all the time and I never take it out for a walk. I keep finding myself wanting something smaller and lighter and more mobile so I've been looking at the wildcats and the vulcans and lately I've been thinking about it a lot.

So.. do I take the plunge and sell the air ranger and get a bullpup or will I regret it? My biggest concern is that I'll be giving up something that is perfect for what it is and potentially getting something that might give me some headaches... Unfortunately I don't have tons of time on my hands so tinkering a lot to get things right isn't ideal for me. Would appreciate some thoughts....

059f99eebdfb19664c7e3026b47a3ebb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Single shot just doesn't do it for me - I like mags :) - It's got to be a .25, light, and very accurate. 

Ackuric - I wouldn't have the time to go that route but thank you.

Intenseaty22 - It just feels awkward walking around with it - its not agile if I can use that term.

Keyman - thanks for the suggestion but the streamline or talon don't really do it for me either.

I know the feeling. I just let a really beautiful Royale 500 go back. I had it for a couple of weeks and I am regretting it. I let it go so I could order a Crown which I won't get until January. :(
Fortunately I was able to get a Wildcat ordered and should be here this week. If I wasn't getting the WC and a Crown for my two guns, I would never have let that Royale go. Great looking and sweet shooting gun.
So, just my opinion. I might hold on to my Daystate and deal with it for a while. Meantime, start a Wildcat fund. Then maybe next year come spring you might have the money to buy the WC and KEEP the Daystate. But then, THAT requires patience. Don't know if that is your strong suit or not since I don't know you.

Good luck with making the decision.

Crusher

RELAX ..dont force the issue ,,the AIR RANGER will be worth right around the same in a few months,, than it does now,,this should be a exciting ,fun time ,,get the BULL PUP now ,,if you see your not taking the DAYSTATE out of the safe ,,decide then i would never ever IMHO let a gun go when it has IT...,,.,you will know IT when you find IT...some of theese PCPs just out perform others,,good luck HAPPY TIMES coming for you enjoy PAT i just got a 25 cal WILD CAT from UTAH AIRGUNS two weeks ago and i have a new RAW HM1000x in 30 cal and wiill get more ,,,UTAR AIR set my WILDCAT up awesome ,,totally tuned ,,give them a call 

Right out of the box the Taipan 25 cal compact was the perfect hunting Bullpup for me. Sexy, Accurate, super Compact, quiet, light,J the trigger better than my fx impact and no fiddling necessary. Did I mention NO fiddling. I could literally take it in a backpack and out for a walk knowing I was going to have a good time. It's such a laser and fun to shoot. Shoulders great and you can hit asprin pills repeatedly at 50 yards.

I couldn't bring myself to sell my beloved FX Impact but I definitely wanted something that I wasn't afraid to take out all the time without wondering about checking my tuning lIke I do with my Impact but thats because I switch between my 22 and 30 barrels alot. That's why I bought the Veteran 25 cal shorty bullpup. For that minamilist simplicity part of me. Totally opposite of my Impact I know. But you get what I mean. I got it to hunt with and have no headaches. Worth checking out imho. Have fun and don't be afraid to keeps things fresh.

If you do sell, kit with the new owner. Maybe you'll get it back in your hands someday.

RJ

Hynzie - thanks I am in agreement with your line of thinking.

I guess I just need to figure out what to get now.....

Everything else being equal I like the look of the wildcat best. I know tons of people like their wildcats however I've read enough people complaining about issues to give me some concern. As such in my head there is less risk with a vulcan. Based on my sporadic research it seems the mutants are just as good as the vulcans with the downsides being the lever in the back and the aesthetics.

I wish I could go somewhere and try these out - haven't seen any vendors carry all 3 ...