Time to cull the herd.

As retired carpenter, I've seen first hand what a squirrel can do to a house unchecked. Urban shooting has risks...Don't get caught shooting them! If you can do it unseen and unheard, 👍. Most municipalities have regulations prohibiting shooting within its city limits. This includes air rifles.
Another option is to use a live trap and drown them.
Rat traps work great

When I told the claims agent a squirrel ate my wiring harness he said ‘Oh, it’s a Honda, isn’t it?’ 😳
I've been told wiring is especially attractive to rodents now because they use more vegetable dye to color the wire insulation.
Had a couple extension cords to the tractors laying in the grass that were stripped clean by rabbits.

I've had squirrels attack two vehicles over the years, one in Texas and one here in Tennessee. The Tennessee attack was on my daughter's CRV. In tracking down a particular replacement cable or hose, I found out Honda sells an adhesive tape to wrap wires, etc., that's loaded with pepper. I got some at the dealership parts department and whether it worked or not, I don't know, but haven't had any attacks in the last couple years. The squirrels are still roaming freely, but I cull as often as I can.

Reactions: Mr303
Bottom line, do what u need to do to protect your property. I use a 22 cal Mav. I've dropped a squirrel at 70yds with a 14.3grn Crosman HP. No noise to bother the neighbors. Of course a good high privacy fence makes for good neighbors. Cats are definitely not the answer as they love to kill all the song birds cause its easier to sit under a bird feeder and ambush a song bird/ protected bird than run down a squirrel. My rifle is set to PW 0 and I'm still shooting at 950fps. During this time of the year u can pretty much judge how dense the squirrel population is in your neighborhood by looking up at the bare trees. If you see alot of the nest that squirrels made during the warm months with leaves then you definitely have a problem. In the winter months most of these nest may not be used as squirrels may be dinning in hollow trees. Even so, some of these nest may still be active. In an urban setting high squirrel population are directly attributable to people. Many think they are cute and are constantly feeding them and artificially increasing the population. When this happens, squirrels become pest that need to be culled. I find the 14.3grn between the eye and ear the perfect antidote to this pest. Beware though of your fanatical neighbors and practice the three Ss-shoot, shovel, and shut up. And be careful, there are trulls everywhere.

I don't have any problem with neighbors. At least one and probably most know I shoot airguns in my backyard. I found pellets in two squirrels I killed where the wound had healed over. So I know others are shooting them too. But I work on my PCPs to get the noise down to 85db or less. That sound level is about what I measure for the pellet hitting the pellet trap - or a squirrel. I can't see a lot of value in making the gun report much quieter than the pellet impact. The other things I do are to shoot only in my backyard and not towards other peoples houses unless they are hundreds of yards away. Even when they are far away I try not to shoot directly towards other houses. I also only use guns I know will drop the squirrel nearly immediately and mostly take head shots that drop them on the spot. I do not want a wounded squirrel running to my neighbors yard. I also mostly shoot during the week during the daytime when a lot of my neighbors have to work.

Reactions: PatientWolf
live trap with a dab of peanut butter will have them line up taking numbers to get in . OR just shoot them !.
I tossed half a bag of goat feed seed out after we got rid of our goats and 2 days later I counted 5 tree rats having a spread.
They ate it all in no time.Funny, I have not seen any since I got my new Airacuda.

Reactions: PatientWolf