Time Marches On

Turned 76 last Tuesday.

Saw the quack yesterday.

In addition to my High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure and Type II Diabetes, now he is talking about reduced liver function, restricted abdominal aorta and possible blood clots in the legs. He also mentioned something about a echo cardiograph..

The only high point was the 20 something blond that did the ultrasound on the legs. I told her she had 20 minutes to stop then we were going to lunch.

Seriously, the bad thing about getting older is the knowledge you can’t do what you once could.

Once upon a time I could stack pellets at 10 yards with open and peep sights.

Now it is a challenge even with a scope.

7BC7C5DB-599E-4910-B6D2-45F1B2F52F40.1628361490.jpeg

Life comes fast and hard these days. Happy Birthday to you! Ill be happy if I can still shoot when I'm your age if I'm still around lol. I take great care of myself and I'm only 41 but I have already had 2 heart surgeries and I recently went through a 3 month bought where I lost use of my right hand completely. All nerve damage. Had to stop shooting and doing anything for 3 months while I rehabbed it, back to 85%.

Just recovered from hospitalization with the CCP Virus last week and...Now I'm healthy and shooting...just can't taste or smell anything which is great for weight loss lol.

Every day we are here is a gift! Take care of yourself Sir.

Thanks fellows.

I worked for 42 years as an air traffic controller. 22 in the Air Force and 20 in the FAA.

Those years may account for some of my issues and a little Agent Orange.

The good thing about air traffic control, is you see the doctor every year for your annual flight physical.

If anything would have popped up they would have (or should have) found it.

Stay safe.

Frank, Been noticing your post for a year or so. Basically because I notice you have a history of IBO 3-D archery and maybe even NFAA. I have a similar background In my younger years and actually a archery dealer for about 5 years. You are about a year and a half older that I but also a very similar health history. DM2 in 2000, carotid occulsions followed by a TIA in 2003, Roto cuff tear in 2006, Double knee replacement in 2011, Aortic Valve replacement in 2016, Hodskin Lympoma in 2017, and Bladder cancer in 2019 with both in remission. My urologist tells me my prostrate is as big as his head and may be dealing with that medically next winter. Hope I have been able to make you feel younger but there is no getting around "Getting Old Sucks". In the last couple years I have lost about 40 lbs, Lowered my AIC from 7.8 to 6.8, My BP is the best it has been in many years. (Averaging 115- 50 and pluse about 55.) Certainly taking the weight off helped a lot but a new to me diabetes med called Jardice has been the key factor. As I mean helping both my diabetes and Blood Pressure a lot. I think right now I am in the best health since turning 50. At least the numbers look good, it is hard to impossible to reverse some of the damage to my arteries that has already been done but other than the arthritis I'm doing pretty well and my Chlolesterol numbers are good thanks to my meds. Happy Birthday Frank may your years to come be fruitful. Regards, Bill Day

PS: Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pick up AO in the same place.

Hey brother, I work as an ECHO Tech. Yes , echocardiogram all this is for determining stroke risk. There are other reasons, but I don’t know your history- and it’s not my business. Just saying the doc is not simply looking to make billing statements. I have had several of the Same issues and yes , it sucks. Hang in there and be well so you can shoot plenty. 

Hey brother, I work as an ECHO Tech. Yes , echocardiogram all this is for determining stroke risk. There are other reasons, but I don’t know your history- and it’s not my business. Just saying the doc is not simply looking to make billing statements. I have had several of the Same issues and yes , it sucks. Hang in there and be well so you can shoot plenty.

In my case there is no bill. I am treated at Travis AFB, Sutter Memorial when Travis can’t and the VA when all else fails..🤪

Frank, Been noticing your post for a year or so. Basically because I notice you have a history of IBO 3-D archery and maybe even NFAA. I have a similar background In my younger years and actually a archery dealer for about 5 years. You are about a year and a half older that I but also a very similar health history. DM2 in 2000, carotid occulsions followed by a TIA in 2003, Roto cuff tear in 2006, Double knee replacement in 2011, Aortic Valve replacement in 2016, Hodskin Lympoma in 2017, and Bladder cancer in 2019 with both in remission. My urologist tells me my prostrate is as big as his head and may be dealing with that medically next winter. Hope I have been able to make you feel younger but there is no getting around "Getting Old Sucks". In the last couple years I have lost about 40 lbs, Lowered my AIC from 7.8 to 6.8, My BP is the best it has been in many years. (Averaging 115- 50 and pluse about 55.) Certainly taking the weight off helped a lot but a new to me diabetes med called Jardice has been the key factor. As I mean helping both my diabetes and Blood Pressure a lot. I think right now I am in the best health since turning 50. At least the numbers look good, it is hard to impossible to reverse some of the damage to my arteries that has already been done but other than the arthritis I'm doing pretty well and my Chlolesterol numbers are good thanks to my meds. Happy Birthday Frank may your years to come be fruitful. Regards, Bill Day

PS: Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pick up AO in the same place.

Thanks for your kind comments Bill. Yes I did participate in NFAA but I was just as successful there as I am in Air Rifle/Pistol FT. I just participate. I am no competition for anyone but I am out there. My grandfather died at 65, my dad at 47. They worked til the day they died. I don’t have any known cancers (yet) but if I am ever diagnosed then the bucket list kicks in. I quit riding motorcycles 13 years ago but if I get the big “C” the BLMRT kicks in. One more ride to the entire 48 contiguous states including Florida. I could lose about 50-60 pounds but I am not fanatical about it. I. Still do my own yard work and am waiting for the deer season to open. I might even get the longbow out for an early shot. My partner in Kansas and I were not chosen for antelope in Wyoming this year so it blacktails in California. Stay safe..

Ho does it go?

An 86 year-old man is out fishing. He was sitting in his boat when he heard a voice say, "Pick me up!"

He looked around and did not see any one. He thought he was dreaming until he heard the voice again. "Pick me up." The old man looked in the water and there, floating on a lilly pad was a frog.

The man said, "Are you talking to me?" The frog replied, "Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up. Then, kiss me and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous because you will have me as your bride." The man looked at the frog for a minute in confusion, reached over, picked it up carefully, and placed it in his front pocket.

The frog screamed, "What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said?? I said kiss me and I will be your beautiful bride!" He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said, "Nah, at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."