Time for retune and testing of the new .25 cal 700 mm slug liner

What size slugs did you buy to test? I have the 600mm .25 slug liner coming tomorrow or Friday and have a plethora of slugs I've been buying and saving to test. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before hand to cut down on the testing process. I've been told by Johan at FX that the slugs I should be testing first should be in the 28gr. to 33gr. range. In other words, the slugs on the lighter side are what the 600mm .25 cal. liner was designed to shoot. Not sure about the 700mm? I'm sure you'll just use less are and get better velocity but the accuracy with each model slug should be about the same. I'd love to hear what you have to say when you start your testing. I'll do the same. 

My gun is tuned to shoot the 33.95gr. JSB pellets at 885fps., so I'm hoping some of the slugs I bought in the 28gr.-33gr. range will shoot in the 900-950fps range and shoot really accurately, like I was told they should. 

I have Aonco slugs 25.4gr., Wicked Monster 25.5gr., H&N Grizzly 31gr., Rat Sniper 31.3gr., Rat Sniper 32gr., Aonco 32.8gr., Varmint Knocker 33.0gr., Nielsen slugs in 34.7gr., 36.0gr., 39.0gr., and Aonco 45.0gr. I really don't want to go heavier than 45gr., but if they shoot well, I'll use them. Accuracy trumps all in my book! 

Like I said, I'd love to hear all of the results of your testing. If you want to hear how any of the above mentioned slugs performed and at what velocities they shot the best, I'd be happy to share to. Have a good one! 

Stoti

Which weight .25 slug is achieving a BC of .09? I wonder if the lighter NSA .22 slugs showing a BC of .075 but with the ability to get higher velocity in an FX Impact might be a better choice for longer range shooting. They are lighter than .25 slugs so can achieve higher velocity while consuming less air. At some point down range the veocity of the higher BC .25 will catch and over take the .22, but at what distance. The .22 slugs seem like they might be more efficient for longer range targets but the .25 slugs will carry more energy for hunting purposes. There is so much to consider and think about. What a Great time to be into air rifles.

Which weight .25 slug is achieving a BC of .09? I wonder if the lighter NSA .22 slugs showing a BC of .075 but with the ability to get higher velocity in an FX Impact might be a better choice for longer range shooting. They are lighter than .25 slugs so can achieve higher velocity while consuming less air. At some point down range the veocity of the higher BC .25 will catch and over take the .22, but at what distance. The .22 slugs seem like they might be more efficient for longer range targets but the .25 slugs will carry more energy for hunting purposes. There is so much to consider and think about. What a Great time to be into air rifles.

I am wondering this same thing. I don’t know whether to convert my .25 to a .22 or leave it and wait for the .25 slug liners to catch fire