Time for a political sub heading on AGN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When COVID started last year, that’s when the Off Topic section on this forum got a little crazy. Guys that chatted and shared information in the airgun sections were suddenly at each other throats in the Off Topic section. We argue enough without bringing politics into an airgun forum. It can be interesting but is best left for the chicken heads on Facebook. Some political issues don’t and never will gain any traction and are only out there to whip everyone into a frenzy. They a more destructive than constructive.

Reactions: JimNM
Political opinions seem to evermore inject themselves into which pellet does so, or which model makes so and so feel these particular feelings. Maybe it’s time for a political views section?

This thread is mildly entertaining after you injected politics here:
Screenshot_20210220-180008.1613872834.png

The best way to handle yourself here is to obey the rules. We all fall short of that, but calling for the creation of a political sub category and knowing that politics is prohibited is oddly curious. Feels like you are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill of Raden's passing time oil and tax thread. Am I wrong? Let's just focus on the good of airgunning and drop the politics. If something lightly touches airgun policies, or policies in general, just move on if it is out of touch with the rules.

I object strenuously to adding politics/political discussion to AGN. It's all best left unsaid here. We strive to be a brother/sister-hood united in common interest of airgun pursuits. Please do not divide us from one another.

Ditto on this. I have broken the rules here. I am not a perfect poster. But having friendships here and having fun is the name of the game, not dumb politics.

Reactions: JimNM
Political opinions seem to evermore inject themselves into which pellet does so, or which model makes so and so feel these particular feelings. Maybe it’s time for a political views section?

The best way to handle yourself here is to obey the rules. We all fall short of that, but calling for the creation of a political sub category and knowing that politics is prohibited is oddly curious. Feels like you are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill of Raden's passing time oil and tax thread. Am I wrong? Let's just focus on the good of airgunning and drop the politics. If something lightly touches airgun policies, or policies in general, just move on if it is out of touch with the rules.

Then you know certain posts caused me to reply as I did. I think a healthy back and forth, of a specific issue, can be beneficial in furthering greater understanding of someone else’s point of view.

Then you know certain posts caused me to reply as I did. I think a healthy back and forth, of a specific issue, can be beneficial in furthering greater understanding of someone else’s point of view.

I agree. I wasn't shaming you for replying or your viewpoint, I am just trying to discern if you are trying to passive aggressively blast Raden or if you genuinely want a political category (spoiler alert that ain't happening). If I read this wrong then I am in the wrong and forgive me. 

Status
Not open for further replies.