tight barrel bore

some time ago I bought a FX 500mm 25cal barrel liner for my dreamline compact to cut down and machine my own barrel tensioning system for it. I also made one for it in 22.. the 22 shoots great. the 25 never did shoot that well. I set the 25 barrel kit aside and went on. today I got to thinking about it as I have a project in my head I thought I wanted to do so I got it out and started looing it over. I pushed a pellet through the barrel and could not believe how tight it is! its pretty snug. I pushed a slug through it and that was almost a mistake... good thing I didn't try to shoot a slug, it would have never shot it. I have the stuff on hand to polish the barrel but at this point im wondering if its worth the time to do it. are these FX liners always tight. this kind of took me by surprise. oh and the choke is unreal! im thinking of machining the choke off if I decide to mess with it. maybe I should just buy a new liner... unless a tight bore is normal and can be polished up.... thoughts...anyone?

my thoughts are extremely tight isnt right .. if its choked its likely meant for pellets only, and no idea on sizing for those, if theres multiple sizes available etc .. imo polishing can only do so much, and that has more benefit on cheaper rough bore barrels, by the time theyre smooth they fit alittle better generally .. not doing anything for the crown etc doing all that, theres a point of diminishing returns in other words ..

What do pushed through mic out to? .245-.246?
.245 before the choke. .244 after the choke. I slugged it twice and was checked with starrett c mics. Later last night I checked my CZ 25 compact barrel…..that barrel I have polished but have never checked it until last night… .247 before the choke and .246 after the choke. The CZ barrel shot pretty good before polish and shoots great after polishing.

Keep it and size your slugs down to .243. Then start a new craze bragging about how great a .243 airgun is. Your PM box will be full.
My thoughts were to machine up an adapter for the FX barrel and use it in my RTI compact. (Already drew up cad and set tool paths so I’m ready to go) I thought to myself I bet someone has already done this. When I searched AGN. … guess who I found that done this awhile back

My thoughts were to machine up an adapter for the FX barrel and use it in my RTI compact. (Already drew up cad and set tool paths so I’m ready to go) I thought to myself I bet someone has already done this. When I searched AGN. … guess who I found that done this awhile back
Well, seeing as you’ll be all tooled up for making an adapter, why not make a few? You know, so you have some extra’s, just sitting around gathering dust…just a thought.

My RTI is currently wearing a 600mm superior for shooting 33.95’s. I tensioned the flimsy thing and it’s been a stellar performer so far. The gun is much lighter but seems to do just fine from the bench. If you build an adapter, seating depth is your number one focus.
Thanks for the tip. I remember reading that when I found your post. Depending on my work load hopefully I can get it made sometime this week