Tiger shark tank only fills to around 200 bar?

Hello AGN!
To start off, I am entry level and just getting into this hobby, I have just received the bintac S45, and the tiger shark cf tank. I am no able to fill past around 200 bar, does anyone know what might be the issue? Also I dry fired at around 200 bar yesterday, and it shot repeatedly about 6 times (roughly) and I only pulled the trigger ounce, it went from 200 bar to 100 bar (roughly) I was thinking the seals on the gun tank where destroyed, but its still holding air but only fills to abs 200 bar. The s45 has a fill rating of 4600 psi, so I know something aint right.
The tiger shark arrived filled as I requested but only to around 3600 psi, I emailed top guns air guns, and Andrew stated,

"This is Andrew.
2) There are 2 possibilities here.
- The valve that seals the tank can be compromised temporarily by quick changes in altitude. If the transport truck went up high enough, the drop in pressure can cause a bit of air to seep out of the tank.
- The tank pressure is actually fine, but the gauge reading your remaining tank pressure can be out of tolerance. You can check this by using a dead head to block your hose and filling the hose to have your output pressure gauge read your full internal pressure. Check to see if the gauges are roughly within 300 PSI of each other. If you can't do this, make sure to ask the person filling your tank if they can help you."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tempImagewnNDsq.png

tempImagewZKFia.png

tempImagegXV23k.png

Your fill bottle has only 3000 psi in it. That is only just over 200BAR. You won't be able to fill anything to a higher pressure than what the doner bottle contains. If you want to fill your gun to 4500 psi you will need to fill your so-called tiger shark to its maximum pressure and from there every time you refill your gun the pressure will reduce slightly until you decide that you want more shots than you are getting from each charge. I can't believe that a dealer would give you such a nonsensical answer to your question unless he was totally confused about how you described your problem. There is a possibility that you have a slight leak from one of the valve fittings. It is easy to check by spraying a bit of soapy water around all of the connections or tipping the bottle upside down and dunking the whole valve in a bucket of water and looking for bubbles. Maybe a better option for you would be to get it filled back up at a dive shop and ask them to check for leaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
Some questions here!

1) You have a tank filled to barely 3000psi and cant understand why it cant fill to 4500psi?
You nave a 12Oz can and want to fill a 2 quart pitcher, no can do mate!

2) Few if any PCP airguns likes to be dry fired, and most will act funny.

If you want to fill your rifle to a true 4500psi then you need a booster that will take whatever you have in your tank and boost that to your desired pressure. Not cheap!!!

Your fill bottle has only 3000 psi in it. That is only just over 200BAR. You won't be able to fill anything to a higher pressure than what the doner bottle contains. If you want to fill your gun to 4500 psi you will need to fill your so-called tiger shark to its maximum pressure and from there every time you refill your gun the pressure will reduce slightly until you decide that you want more shots than you are getting from each charge. I can't believe that a dealer would give you such a nonsensical answer to your question unless he was totally confused about how you described your problem. There is a possibility that you have a slight leak from one of the valve fittings. It is easy to check by spraying a bit of soapy water around all of the connections or tipping the bottle upside down and dunking the whole valve in a bucket of water and looking for bubbles. Maybe a better option for you would be to get it filled back up at a dive shop and ask them to check for leaks.
I appreciate the reply, this is one of those "common sense isn't common", I defiantly plan to dive into researching more into this hobby. Dunking under water and seeing if any air bubbles come up is a great idea, thanks! I plan to take the tank in and have it checked out at a local paintball shop/ fill to maximum psi, as these tanks are expensive...

Don't dunk the entire valve under water to test for leaks. Squirt some dishwashing liquid into a small bowl of water and mix it up. Take an old toothbrush or soft brush of some kind and brush the mixture around the seam where the valve connects to the tank. Dunking a valve assembly under water almost always results in a gauge getting fogged up permanently from the dunking. Valves rarely leak other than at the base when the tank seal is leaking.