Tiapan Veteran with Silent Thunder Ordnance moderators

The quest for the silent moderator is over....STO Falx on my .22 short and a Sarissa on the .25 Standard. All i can say is wow....these things are amazing, went with the moderate flow version. These will be replacing the DonnyFL Sumo and Ronin, really good moderators but the STOs lower the higher pitch considerably which makes for a much stealthy shooter. ....Griffin Ammo is the Best....BT/HPs fly straight and hit hard. Now waiting on a Slug Barrel from AirGunHeaven.NL....damn things been in customs for weeks....

Few extra Taipan parts if anyone is interested - Air Flow Transfer Ports (and) the Dual Flow Transfer Ports - have two of each, two for the .22 & two the .25. Getting them took some doing but....after getting a bit over aggressive (ER mods)...Burbon and Dremel = Bad Idea, or Good Idea just not well executed. All are new from the CZ factory. PM me in interested.

Taipan Veteran - STO Moderators.1623366136.jpg

> elh0102 Silent Thunder is an AMERICAN outfit started by two friends that is based on the East coast in MA. Their web site did list this information and possibly because of the current environmental considerations it is no longer displayed. I've followed their interesting products and have done business with these standup guys. Also AGN member Custard lent his Leshiy to them for the design and testing of their $68.00 LESHIY MODERATOR. Which I purchased and found to be a mouse fart quiet superior product. I am not any sort of agent, just a simple guy that supports AMERICAN made products, that excel. 👍👍👍

> elh0102 Silent Thunder is an AMERICAN outfit started by two friends that is based on the East coast in MA. Their web site did list this information and possibly because of the current environmental considerations it is no longer displayed. I've followed their interesting products and have done business with these standup guys. Also AGN member Custard lent his Leshiy to them for the design and testing of their $68.00 LESHIY MODERATOR. Which I purchased and found to be a mouse fart quiet superior product. I am not any sort of agent, just a simple guy that supports AMERICAN made products, that excel. 
1f44d.svg
1f44d.svg
1f44d.svg

Thanks for the info Shomer! Now if they would only make/tune moderators for OTHER air guns! LOL!

I sent a couple emails to the owner over the winter. Clearly, he was very educated in what he was talking about. The science he puts into his products is over my head, but the Tesla valving for his moderators is probably a good reason why his units are quiet. STO specializes in the FX platform, but as the OP states, the units he boghut worked great on his Veteran. If I needed an ultra quiet LDC, I buy one.

BackStop perhaps Silent Thunder Ordnance would consider applying their acquired scientific knowledge on other manufactures products. As they did in the past with their custom LESHIY MODERATOR after AGN member Custard lent his Leshiy to them for the design and testing. I believe they would step up to any challenge presented in the American spirit of adventure with enough of a true committed interest to see the project through. If one person is willing to commit perhaps that is enough to begin, I can not say, but I do know this. A guy named Custard from the NATION took the point and now everyone visiting that website knows that. 😎 

https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/air/leshiy

the .25 - shooting BT/HPs in 48gr. have the LDC BT's on order in 42 - 44 and 48gr just to see how it likes them - the LDC's have a plastic ball bead in them to reduce weight and promote expansion upon impact. Waiting on the AirGunHeaven.NL barrel to do any tuning on this one.

the .22 - LDC BT/HP in 32 - 36 and 38gr - the CZ barrel (choked) likes the .38s

Both guns, just did the RW mods few days ago and moderators are new - My Crony is broke - waiting on a new one to get here so haven't done any tuning yet.

All i can say, is maybe not made nor tuned for my Taipan and i admittedly did guess to some degree in buying the moderate tune versions but - zero regrets - quality products and work great so got lucky, maybe but STO is a well engineered product that should work on any airgun. I've have and have tried a few different DonnyFL - Weihrauch - Huggett and a few DIY's and so far, have found the STO to be by far the best.

The quest for the silent moderator is over....STO Falx on my .22 short and a Sarissa on the .25 Standard. All i can say is wow....these things are amazing, went with the moderate flow version. These will be replacing the DonnyFL Sumo and Ronin, really good moderators but the STOs lower the higher pitch considerably which makes for a much stealthy shooter. ....Griffin Ammo is the Best....BT/HPs fly straight and hit hard. Now waiting on a Slug Barrel from AirGunHeaven.NL....damn things been in customs for weeks....

Few extra Taipan parts if anyone is interested - Air Flow Transfer Ports (and) the Dual Flow Transfer Ports - have two of each, two for the .22 & two the .25. Getting them took some doing but....after getting a bit over aggressive (ER mods)...Burbon and Dremel = Bad Idea, or Good Idea just not well executed. All are new from the CZ factory. PM me in interested.

Is there any benefit to getting the moderate flow over the standard? And how do you know what caliber you can use with them? I didn't see that info on the website. I'm interested in the Falx model to use in .22 and .25.

Keith.

Is there any benefit to getting the moderate flow over the standard? And how do you know what caliber you can use with them? I didn't see that info on the website. I'm interested in the Falx model to use in .22 and .25.

Keith.

There are several linked pages on the STO site. I believe one of them had to do with how to calculate the flow rate of your particular rifle. There's some math involved. And the owner was more than helpful when I emailed him questions.

Keith.

There are several linked pages on the STO site. I believe one of them had to do with how to calculate the flow rate of your particular rifle. There's some math involved. And the owner was more than helpful when I emailed him questions.

I emailed them with that exact caliber question yesterday and got a quick response. 

"Our moderators are not as bore specific as other brands, we don't try to make the bores as tight as possible for performance gains since our diode technology is so much more effective than tighter bores and extremely tight bores often just leads to clipping and other problems. Our Standard Flow cores are designed for 0.22 and under and our Moderate and High Flow cores are designed for 0.30 and under.

Best regards,

STO

"Our moderators are not as bore specific as other brands, we don't try to make the bores as tight as possible for performance gains since our diode technology is so much more effective than tighter bores and extremely tight bores often just leads to clipping and other problems. Our Standard Flow cores are designed for 0.22 and under and our Moderate and High Flow cores are designed for 0.30 and under.

Best regards,

STO

Thanks. That's the exact info I was looking for.

Keith.