Thumbs up to Crossman...

I don't know if anyone from Crossman will read this, but... THANKS. I recently chrono'd my 3 year old marauder F&T and the velocity went from 860 last year to 710 this year. I was getting 710 all the way down to 800 psi, so I figured the reg was at issue. I called them to order a new reg and when the person asked for my serial number she said it was under warranty and there would be no charge.

It's so easy to work on that gun, and when you do, they don't leak. I put it in and voila, velocity is up to 901 fps with JSB 10.34's. Some may argue that it should not have failed in the first place, but s*** happens, and they do stand behind their products. The accuracy at 80 had been very good, and tomorrow I plan on some 100 yard groups.

I've had a love-hate relationship with Crosman for over a half-century; bearing personal witness to their devolution from Crosman's 'Golden Age' to their race-to-the-bottom against Detroit auto makers; then, their improbable resurrection from self-destruction back to manufacturing some worthwhile products, including some very impressive products for the price. Suffice to say I've also seen their customer service roller-coaster between missing-in-action and going beyond the call of duty. Of course all these things are to be expected by such a long-historied gun maker that has changed hands several times through numerous business climate-changes.

I've also captured many State and National Champion titles and NRA National Records with Crosmans. Not to infer that qualifies me to speak for Crosman; however I will say this. Anyone purporting to heap accolades on anyone, or any entity, might find a good way to start doing so is to learn how to spell their name correctly.

Customer service I think with most companies can be hit and miss. Two companies I have full faith in for excellent customer service are Patagonia and REI. In the last 2 months I am on my third pair & brand of running shoes with REI and they gave me a $20 gift certificate for my trouble. Yet, I know some people who have not had the customer service I have had at these two stores / brands. 

Some stores are managed better than others and that filters through the local store’s employee culture, plus you may get an employee who doesn’t care on the wrong day. I assume the same can happen to Crossman, or any brand.