• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Thumbs Down Vortek

Last year I ordered a Vortek PG3 High Output for my HW98. I redneck rigged clamps to remove the old spring and install the new kit, pain in the you-know-what. It was precarious and risky. All that to find out that the supposed “HIGH OUTPUT” made my gun shoot 11 FPE, with a 10 yard group that looks like a blind person closed their eyes and pulled the trigger. I pulled out the PG3 and it is several coils shorter than the stock 15 FPE spring. So I’m suspicious that they sent me a sub-12 FPE kit that accidentally ended up with a “High Output” paper label. Problem is that barrel doesn’t like chucking .25 at 11FPE. Problem is, the stock liner had to be yanked out to install the Vortek, and the liner sustained some damage in the process, so I can’t just shove it back in. I got a Vortek because the original twang is pretty high on the annoyance scale for me. The stock setup shot JSB .25 25gr unbelievably well, it made me giddy. Now I have a HW98 doorstop/paperweight. Now I have to save up money and order from Ye Olde English TbT Shoppe. What a waste of money, time, and aggravation. Some folks might enjoy cracking open springers and putting them back together with a hillbilly spring compressor cobbled together from household items, but I ain’t one of them. I eMailed Vortek probably six months ago and no response. Meanwhile Vortek had time to come up with a new version PG4, and had time to hook up a YouTuber with a free fresh PG4 kit installation for some online clout. If my gun was shooting decent at 11FPE, I would gladly keep the kit, but it ain’t and I just want the High Output kit that I ordered and paid for.