• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Throwing some TAIPAN love ❤️ out there!

Been getting used to my newest air rifle, the TAIPAN Veteran in .22 cal.

DDFB7C31-21DC-476E-B80D-3161E6811AC3.1617417530.jpeg
6672B9A7-5D74-490F-99F4-01F230B18860.1617417605.jpeg
BE998AC8-7039-418D-ADD5-4A1C31063756.1617417605.jpeg
43ED5EA5-9881-40F0-8D0E-FE66CF6BCB1E.1617417606.jpeg
2D84A83E-35DE-447F-BA31-4315F23691EA.1617417606.jpeg
99E0A883-B39E-42E6-999A-C613A6BF7226.1617417664.jpeg
C92AD09D-0E4F-4716-89F4-9F32C6EC1AC4.1617417665.jpeg
91200F7E-B4E0-4695-9589-3B7F33EC32DF.1617417665.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! I like the wooden cheek piece you have there; nice idea. I trimmed a thick piece of black leather affixed with 2 sided servo tape (for RC cars) and it works for me. Anything thicker messed with my eye/scope alignment. Element Helix so not a forgiving eye box at all. My vet is also a .22 with gray laminate but in the long version. Love the darn thing. Sure are great shooting and great looking guns. Loves the FX version of the JSB 18g at about 890 fps but have also had great success with the Baracuda Match 21g at 860 fps. Minute of squirrel head at 65yds or so. Might try them if you haven't already. What all have you shot out of it so far and at what velocities?

Love that you've got the family involved as well! 

@makincheese.

Thank you brother! I like the leather idea. Do you have a picture to share?

I have shot the FX and JSB versions of the 18.1 from 930 down to 750 ish. 820 seems to be the magic number for both 18.1s. Right now it’s doing 775 with the 18.1s. I’m going for higher shot count, less power. I don’t need the power really. I tried the H&N FTT 14.6 and the JSB 13.4. The JSB did better than the H&N. It didn’t like the H&N. I haven’t tried the 21 grain H&N yet. I do have some on hand. I just got some of the 16 JSBs in and haven’t tried those yet. I really haven’t spent a lot of time fine tuning it. Just wanted to see what it did and settled it in where it is now. I’ve been happy with it and I’m enjoying shooting it rather than tuning it better.

Nice shooting gun. Are you getting noticeably better groups with the single shot tray? I bought a 22 standard with the same stock. I am really liking that gun. I am amazed at how well I shoot it. I just didn't think I would like the bullpup that much. I love the family shooting together. I hope you all enjoy your time together!!!!!

Thank you OS!
I haven’t noticed a difference in accuracy between the SST and the magazine. Maybe I’ll try them both while actually looking to compare group sizes.
I sure enjoy having the kids out there shooting. It was a surprise that my wife actually shot it and 5 shots at that! She did real well.

Completely understand; if you don't need to there's no point in pushing it harder. Mine seemed to like the JSB Hades at around 870-880; yours could do well with the JSB 16g domes I imagine though I don't think I tried them in mine. I don't think any of my guns have shot anything H&N well except the 'cudas in this vet long. Much luck and much fun in your quest 😉

@makincheese.

It ain't much and it ain't purdy...

IMG_2299.1617425907.JPG

As you can see I too have the DonnyFL speed dialer. I tried tape with speeds on it and then just stuck a red paster on the end with a tick mark. I think I like that better and will just remove both and nick that spot with dremel or a file. With the tick at 0300 I get 860 with the 'cudas. Back it off to 0900 and I'm at 880 with the 18g. Back it off further to 0600 and it's 875 with Hades. I do keep a log book/ journal with different settings for different pellets/slugs. Too much for my feeble mind to remember most days....

@makincheese.

I have shot the FX and JSB versions of the 18.1 from 930 down to 750 ish. 820 seems to be the magic number for both 18.1s. Right now it’s doing 775 with the 18.1s. I’m going for higher shot count, less power. I don’t need the power really. I tried the H&N FTT 14.6 and the JSB 13.4. The JSB did better than the H&N. It didn’t like the H&N. I haven’t tried the 21 grain H&N yet. I do have some on hand. I just got some of the 16 JSBs in and haven’t tried those yet. I really haven’t spent a lot of time fine tuning it. Just wanted to see what it did and settled it in where it is now. I’ve been happy with it and I’m enjoying shooting it rather than tuning it better.

Great rifle for whole familly and nice shooting.Would you share with us how is it doing with 21 gr H&n when you test them?Also does it have cz barrel?My Vulcan preffers 16 gr Jsb and Hades in .22

Regards Marko

I have two rifles that shoot as well from the magazine as from the single shot tray, the Veteran and the HW 100. Both are mechanically advanced, no springs, perfect alignment. The HW 100 actually shoots better with the mag. Its single shot loader is a swing-out, two-piece hinged contraption, and I think the alignment is not consistently perfect. 

@makincheese.

I have the Veteran long in 22cal. Nothing outshoots the FX 25.39's at 84--890. I bought some FX 18.1's and some Daystate 18'1's to see if the gun likes it better than the JSB 18.1's as I can't get them to consistently group at 880fps at 50 yards. The FX 25.39's are literally 1/2 inch groups all day long or better. I have all 2 versions of the 21 barracudas that I need to try. 

@makincheese.

Great rifle for whole familly and nice shooting.Would you share with us how is it doing with 21 gr H&n when you test them?Also does it have cz barrel?My Vulcan preffers 16 gr Jsb and Hades in .22

Regards Marko

Hey Marko!

I'll share the 21 grain results when I do it. Maybe I'll try today if I don't get distracted with just shooting it. It is addicting!

I bought this from UA. I asked specificly if it had the CZ barrel and I was told that it does BUT I don't know how to tell by looking at it so I'm trusting what I was told and I believe it does have the CZ barrel.

Do you know how to tell by looking at it?

@makincheese.

Regards Marko

Hey Marko!

I'll share the 21 grain results when I do it. Maybe I'll try today if I don't get distracted with just shooting it. It is addicting!

I bought this from UA. I asked specificly if it had the CZ barrel and I was told that it does BUT I don't know how to tell by looking at it so I'm trusting what I was told and I believe it does have the CZ barrel.

Do you know how to tell by looking at it?

Have you removed the shroud to see what's 'printed' on the barrel? My Taipan VL.25 has an LW barrel, from Talon Tunes, and has absolutely nothing printed on the barrel to indicate manufacturer. Maybe CZ does under the shroud?

Completely understand; if you don't need to there's no point in pushing it harder. Mine seemed to like the JSB Hades at around 870-880; yours could do well with the JSB 16g domes I imagine though I don't think I tried them in mine. I don't think any of my guns have shot anything H&N well except the 'cudas in this vet long. Much luck and much fun in your quest 
1f609.svg

I need to fine tune it though. I just enjoy shooting it too much to want to tinker with it. I would like to do/have done the de-ping mod by adding the PEEK material to the hammer 🔨. Someday.... 🤣

Love seeing families shoot together always.

Taught my kids at an early age with air rifles also.

I have just recently aquired the same gun in coffee stock and I just can't get over how well it shoots.

Congratulations

Thank you Nikolas!

Being able to shoot at home is what originally got me into shooting air. I was hooked immediately and never looked back. All of my kids (8, 5 boys, 3 girls) have all shot airguns growing up. It hasn’t really stuck with any of the older ones yet. They are young adults and either working, schooling or building relationships. I imagine once they get into settling down that the shooting/hobby thing might kick in for some. They all take shots when they come back home to visit. 6 are still at home.

6D585962-8957-42B1-946B-1EBB3D6D447B.1617463603.jpeg
8468040C-5A68-441B-8DAC-4FB6755ADC13.1617463604.jpeg
12C5D951-3FCE-4DB4-A7AC-CE209B4D66C1.1617463604.jpeg