Three time Rebuild Yong Heng

I use Nuvair 751 oil in my YH. It will be 3 years old in April. Most months it only fills my 45 minute SCBA tank once. But occasionally I get busy and fill it a couple times. I refill the bottle at around 3000 psi. Sometimes a little less but usually a little over 3000. I stop at 300 bar. If I fill from 3200 to 300 bar it takes less than 20 minutes but if I let it go to 2800 psi then it may take 30 minutes. I have a computer radiator with fans on it to keep the water cooler and use a couple soft drink bottles frozen solid too in the summer. Plus I have a small fan helping the built in fan on the motor. My YH stabilizes at less than 60 degrees C. It gets up to 50 C pretty quick but then climbs much slower after that. I change the oil annually. That is less than 10 hours run time for me.

I had to replace the O-ring next to the reed valve once but otherwise it just works. I also have replaced the temperature gauge and the pressure gauge doesn't work but I ignore it anyway. I just watch the more accurate gauge on the bottle. When I had it apart replacing the O-ring the second stage piston had some carbon on it that I wiped off. The rings on the piston looked fine.

I let the oil from the first few oil changes (I did one after a hour or two running) in a clear container for over a year. There was noticable sludge in the bottom of the container when I emptied it. I change the oil in my vehicles with full synthetic oil every 5,000 miles. I hold the used oil in a 5 gallon container until it gets full then I recycle it. That 5 gallon container gets sludge in it too. I think it's a good thing to get that sludge out of the compressor or motor.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I normally refill my 90 L tank when it gets down to 4300 psi. I' m using a YH , putting a gallon jug of ice in the cooling water that has a larger water pump installed. The air vessel is put in an ice bath while filling. 10 minutes max to refill.
Rebuilt the YH once lower and upper. New parts. Getting the butterfly reeds in correctly had to be learned. Got help from the forum to find a video that showed the process. Works great, knock on wood!

Where can I find 1st stage piston rings?

Thanks - Ponz
Ali Express, make an account. Or you can try ebay. I'm seeing prices getting stupid and not sure who is making what (now) in the chinese market. I'm seeing complete pumps with "lifetime warranty" free shipping from Cali. for $250. I would just get complete piston with rings and chance they fit your cylinder. You have broken 1st stage rings or are you mistaken for the small 2nd stage HP rings? The small 2nd stage rings came in my spares bag. Good luck!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore