• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Three more rats today....

Frustrating few hours at the dairy as I had an opportunity on three rats that were too close for my Bantam. I made the mistake of leaving my pp700sa at home. Then the one with its head barely out the hole presented me an opportunity at 50 yards. As you can see unless I get an anchoring fatal shot. Some do make it back to their holes. The second fatty I shot at 20 yards, it didn’t seem that big until I grabbed it. The third rat was at 45 yards, got a solid hit and watched it roll, but by the time I got to the kill site, it had flopped into its hole leaving a nice blood trail. Then it got too dark for shooting. Will be going back and am bringing the pp700sa for close range work.

ED9D1A07-EA16-4073-9009-214A377E1C11.1605392632.jpeg
5BBE90C1-6F6B-49E6-A8C3-2345EA5EE7E5.1605392632.jpeg
76B1961E-DA30-4615-B458-29F72B393B6E.1605392633.jpeg

Whoa! Headshot on a rat at 50 yards? That’s really good shooting there!

the PP700 came in real handy last night for me because my rat trap caught a good size rat but didn’t kill it like it supposed to so it was thrashing around and the PP700 put an end to that at point blank range of a foot. them amazon rat traps aren’t great, stick with victor brand from now on for a dollar more each. 

@l.leon so you like wacking the rats with some brass knuckles on ;)

I use the Exact Jumbo 18s because i also get shots on pigeons from 54 to 100 yards. If only going after rats exclusively I also use Crosman Premiers 14.3 domes. At the shorter ranges, sub 20 yards Crosman Premiers hollow points out of my pp700sa work great. Congrats on your Leishy 2. I’m sure it will be devastating on the rats.

@L.Leon, thanks. How are the Crossman Premiers in the Brocock Compatto? The reason I am asking is a buddy of mine is longing for a quality PCP so I am selling him my Brocock Compatto. So soon the Compatto will taste blood when it hits the shores of Idaho, go with me on the "shores" thing. LOL. I thought the Crossman Premiers would be a good back up for him, but he said he buy any pellet I would recommend and so far it is the Hades.

@l.leon by the way I forgot to say thank you....how I got the Leshiy 2 "so quickly" don't know, maybe because I "think small" ;) in .177 cal.

The Crosman Premiers do good for pesting out of my Compatto to 60 yards. Haven’t shot them at pests past that. .177 is a sensible place to start and will be murder on the rats. Keep us posted on your journey with your Leishy 2.