• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Three Generations of RTI shooting together

47AAC599-DCF1-45F5-B380-09375CFBCE1A.jpeg

My boys and I got an opportunity to head to the rock pit and shoot at a bunch of empty shotgun shells out to 100yrds today. The original is a 22lr, the P-2 is .177 and the P-3 is 22.
315D11A7-1528-4F02-BCC9-C9AE067811E4.jpeg

The 22 is shooting jsb 18.13 @ 900fps
And the .177 is shooting JSB 13.43 @ 850fps

We agree with you. The V1 is our favorite for pellets and most tunable for low power. However it spends most of its time about 900 fps. It really shines!
@ EPG Do you ever shoot slugs out of your RTI ?

Nope. I am a target shooter and have no significant interest in slugs.

I’m running both my V1s without the delrin spacer - seems to allow more adjustability for lower power levels. Also have a stock V1 spring that I cut down by basically the amount of the delrin spacer - can use the shorter spring with the delrin spacer. Finally, I picked up some softer spring stock off Amazon, and have made some softer springs that work really well with .177 and .22 calibers.

The only slug shooting that I would like to try - for target shooting at 50, 75 and 100 would be .177 caliber slugs - maybe in 2024.

-Ed

Reactions: Bbailey
Nope. I am a target shooter and have no significant interest in slugs.

I’m running both my V1s without the delrin spacer - seems to allow more adjustability for lower power levels. Also have a stock V1 spring that I cut down by basically the amount of the delrin spacer - can use the shorter spring with the delrin spacer. Finally, I picked up some softer spring stock off Amazon, and have made some softer springs that work really well with .177 and .22 calibers.

The only slug shooting that I would like to try - for target shooting at 50, 75 and 100 would be .177 caliber slugs - maybe in 2024.

-Ed
Thank you for your response. That’s helpful information on low power as we often shot pests inside of buildings.
Now that you mention your spring mod. I did see a post about that a while back. (Maybe you?) I’ll search for it.
We have shot some NSA .177 12.5g slugs and the have done pretty well after polishing the barrel.
Thank you.

Brian