Threadlock for scope turret screws

The screws used to set your zero and zero stop in most scope turrets are small. If you add any thread locker, you might end up stripping the head if you plan to change your zero or mount it on a different gun. You could add some blue Loctite or the purple if you don't plan to change your zero much. For me personally, I would just snug them up on each shooting session. It sucks but it's better than having stripped screw heads. JMO. I haven't shot springers for awhile so I haven't experienced this myself and hope others will chime in.

Been using Vibra-Tite VC3 for snugging up bolts/screws for Airguns and knives when needed, similar to Locktite.
This. Vibratite all the things. Plus you can sometimes get away with not having to reapply it when you remove a fastener. Doesn't harden like loctite.

Little more time consuming as you put some on the threads and then let the threads dry before reseating the bolt but a lot more convenient in use.

Phillips suck. I’d try replacing the screws with socket set screws. Some people call them “grub screws”. McMaster Carr, and others sell set screws with a dab of thread locker already on them. You can feel some drag on them when installing them.
Don’t know the size of your screw or if that size is available with thread locker.
One thing I have done on machinery where you wanted to assure that a set screw didn’t loosen was to put a second set screw on top of the first one. With that method we generally didn’t use thread locker. YRMV

A2F9DDC5-3980-4CAF-AD8A-CFCA471DAA00.jpeg

B5D543A2-209A-4B0C-9D66-7B997375BC69.jpeg

Reactions: Peskådot671