• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thread about pulling vs squeezing trigger?

Thanks for the replies all!

It may be that the thread in question was glimpsed on another forum...

I was just interested what the man had to say.

Shooting my hw30 this evening, I experimented with a quicker second stage pull vs my usual squeeze. Groups were decent except for occasional left fliers (rt handed). Went back to my usual squeeze and was rewarded with tiny groups again. So, my curiosity is satisfied.

I asked about the thread as a newish airgunner, thinking I was overlooking a technique that I might explore.

Thanks again!

I got it!! I learned this on YouTube. You must hyperventilate for two minutes, now hold your breath and close one eye so tight it starts to twitch from the muscle strain, now twist your face into a pretzel and make sure your lower lip swallows your upper lip, now scrunch this entire mess to the right. Chuckle. I got so tickled watching this for sure!!

Personally I have two methods depending on what I am doing. To begin with I shoot with both eyes open. Try it and once you get used to it, you will like it and your accuracy will improve. I also do not hold my breath. All kinds of things happen to our human system when you hold your breath. I simply breath normally and take the shot at the top of a breath, not the bottom but the top as this is when normally your heart is between beats. Just a brief moment in time as you take the shot. A bit of practice and you will get used to this too.

For targets it is the slow squeeze with a final pull as the crosshair steadies on the center.

For hunting offhand or off shooting sticks I use a quick pull, always come from the side or from below and as the crosshair aligns with the squirrel head pull the trigger. Not a hard snap, just an even pull.

Shot my 97 yesterday and at 50 yards put five consistent five shot groups in around 1/4 inch one hole. I do think this rifle is capable of a true one hole group , it is myself that lacks the skill to do so. I can get real close, the only human I have seen do this is a fellow in the UK called Si Pittaway. I will keep practicing.

Works for me. Although I do intend to practice the upper described method. Grin!!

Kit