I'm not overthinking it at all. I have no intention of buying them now. I had no intention on buying them after his first response to my initial question. However, I was curious how other people felt and what their opinions were on the correspondence. It's interesting to get multiple perspectives. My goal wasn't even to trash this guy or his online business. That's why I never mentioned his name or did anything other than show a picture of his slugs. It was for reference only as to why I questioned him about them in the first place. I was intrigued to see what others on this forum thought about the interaction and how they would have handled the situation- whether differently or the same. 

That guy used to sell in the yellow pages..n prices used to be lower..n he has not invested thousands n thousands of dollars...what a joke..he have some molds but not even as many..as much of the casters on this forum ..about metallurgy studies whattttt..another joke... but I give him that perfecting casting takes time n more time..n if his weights don't vary much more time... he has made a business of it n he is protecting his business.. you should have only asked about how hard in bhn he thinks his bullet were in order for not ending with one stuck on the barrel..only that ..anything else is to much...Ebay is not a forum to discuss materials used..n he fell threaten..ask me how I know. 🤣🤣🤣🤣..I asked a mold maker..🤪..before he jumped to Ebay in my case he didn't reply...lesson for me if I want to try I mold I buy it .. if not work I sell it on Ebay so fast that I can't remember I buy it..

I wouldn't buy anything from that guy if he sold them for $1 per hundred with free shipping.

The guy with perfect feedback will help you and he sells them in a good range of sizes with $8 flat rate shipping per order. https://apexairgunammo.com/

The 68gn solid Bob's boattail looks like it will be perfect for head shots on pigs.

s-l16001.1638856250.jpg

No overstep at all. Who here doesn't do the same thing at some point. We always check the negative reviews, or we research which car or appliance or any product we buy. 

I see this back and forth response as a good thing, it winds up protecting people that may think the guy is on the up and up without double checking him. He's taking advantage of people and that can't be ignored or tolerated. If you notice the event this country is in right now is partially due to us being conditioned to never question anything, critical thinking isn't allowed anymore.

If he thought he was going to be able to sell something like this to a group like the airgunners are, and never be questioned then without a doubt he is no business man of the level he claims to be.

You will never see a response by any of the legit ppl we deal with, Nsa, Griffin, Avs and on, never because they know how to answer in a professional manner and not lose custormers.

I get guys calling all the time that demand to know my proprietary barrel dimensions. I tell them something similar to the initial response you got. They usually try to convince me that I’m losing a sale or something like that by not giving that info to them. That’s ok with me.

If you don’t like his response, just don’t buy anything from him. I’m sure he doesn’t care if you buy his slugs. No big deal for either of you. Im sure his embellished follow up response was just a long winded way of inviting you to shop elsewhere.

Gauging hardess by luster is not a very good way of doing it. Maybe his pictures are not of the exact alloy you are buying?

If you buy the slugs and they are not what they are advertised as….then you have something to complain about. Clearly that isn’t going to happen, though.

Mike 

Maybe….I would tell you I don’t supply customers information about my proprietary barrels. If not knowing the barrel specs is a deal breaker for that customer….that’s ok with me. 

I don’t have a big investment in this thread or a real point to prove. I just thought I would mention how things go for me in what I viewed as a similar situation. The bottom line is that the guy didn’t buy anything so he has no product to complain about. If he doesn’t like the sellers attitude or is suspicious of his product….he could move on without any loss to himself. He did ask for our thoughts. That is just my thought.

Mike 

I get guys calling all the time that demand to know my proprietary barrel dimensions. I tell them something similar to the initial response you got. They usually try to convince me that I’m losing a sale or something like that by not giving that info to them. That’s ok with me.

If you don’t like his response, just don’t buy anything from him. I’m sure he doesn’t care if you buy his slugs. No big deal for either of you. Im sure his embellished follow up response was just a long winded way of inviting you to shop elsewhere.

Gauging hardess by luster is not a very good way of doing it. Maybe his pictures are not of the exact alloy you are buying?

If you buy the slugs and they are not what they are advertised as….then you have something to complain about. Clearly that isn’t going to happen, though.

Mike

Mike, let me ask you a question. Are you making your own barrels for personal use, or for sale to the general public? If they're for personal use, I fully understand why you wouldn't divulge your "special blend of herbs and spices". However, if you make them for sale, the buyer has a right to know the dimensions. If it's a custom barrel, they may have to modify their rifle or ammunition to take full advantage of it. I don't know of a single barrel manufacturer who makes barrels for people and withholds land/groove diameters or twist rate. If you do, you're the first. And if you do, why would you if they ask?

This is where you go astray. ….However, if you make them for sale, the buyer has a right to know the dimensions.

The buyer, or in your case “potential buyer”doesn’t have any rights that must be fulfilled by the seller until after the sale. The buyer only has a right to decide if he wants to buy a product based on the information provided. That’s it.

Mike 

Reactions: JimNM
The term "This is where you go astray" is subjective to your opinion. So what you're saying is, (theoretically) if you were a car manufacturer and a potential customer came to you and said "Hey, I'm interested in one of your vehicles. Buy before I pull the trigger on the purchase, I'd like to know a little bit more about it. How many liters is the engine? Is it a V6 or a V8? What's the gas mileage? What's the towing capacity?" 

Would you tell the guy, "It's a car. First buy it, then I'll tell you everything that's included in it?" That's illogical. 

I would never buy a gun barrel until I knew what I was getting first. I would be specifically looking for a certain caliber and twist rate combo. How many lands and grooves it is. What is the land groove depth? Or is it polygonal. Is there a choke? These are common questions that people like to know before making a purchase. 

Under your avatar it says you're a manufacturer. As a potential future client, I'd love to see your product. Can I have your website so I can see your work? 

Disregard.... I found your website. The rifles you make are beautiful. But you're selling the whole "kit and kabootle", not just barrel blanks. So I understand your adherence to privacy and secrecy regarding your barrel specifics. 

There's a disconnect here.

The original subject are slugs that can clearly be seen as not what the person is claiming they are, sold in a household box backed by unbeleiveable creditials.

Mike on the other hand offers a custom made product whose quality and uniqueness is clearly seen by the eye and backed by a credible reputation.

What the slug salesperson has done would be similar to if he bought one of Mikes guns, spray painted it, put his own stickers on it stuffed it in an old cardboard box and said he's spent $$$$$ on his own design, then gets pissed off if you say it sure looks a lot like another custom gun I'm familar with.

It goes beyond just saying anyone can sell whatever and however they want to, it boils down to protecting the industry and sport at the deepest level.