• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thoughts on the vector veyron 3-12x44 sfp?

I've heard good things about that scope but never looked through one. I do know something about Vector Optics because I was working towards carrying them back when they were an Ebay only entity in the US.
They were responsible for quite a few other scopes under different names. Millett DMS was one that I remember. They also built for Bushnell, Barska, Leapers.. and a few more. I didn't care for leapers or Barska back then but the Millett was a decent scope and so were the Bushy's they made.
Vector scopes sell for more than they did then because they are not only better known today, but they've upped their game a bit in the 12 or so years since I dealt with them. I've been thinking about picking up a Veyron myself.

I
7EClbrg.jpg

I did not plan it that way, but the throw lever is at 10 O'clock at 10 power....
I typically like my throw lever between 10 and 2 so they don't poke into me when I have the gun slung up against me.

Reactions: PumaCarl
I
7EClbrg.jpg

I did not plan it that way, but the throw lever is at 10 O'clock at 10 power....
I typically like my throw lever between 10 and 2 so they don't poke into me when I have the gun slung up against me.
Actually Harv24, that is really clever, you ought to say that of course you planned it that way. If I get a throw lever I am going to do it that way too; once you see it you can't unsee it.

I’ve owned a couple of these… the glass and reticle design is decent enough but they are difficult to mount and still get the distance needed for proper eye relief… most airguns will require a offset single piece mount to get it close enough to work which I don’t care for the looks of personally 🫤

Reactions: scubajeeper
I’ve owned a couple of these… the glass and reticle design is decent enough but they are difficult to mount and still get the distance needed for proper eye relief… most airguns will require a offset single piece mount to get it close enough to work which I don’t care for the looks of personally 🫤
@Hangtown-Shooter What sort of mounts have you tried and on which gun(s)? I have a few Vector scopes and haven’t encountered these issues. However, mine are all FFP scopes. Can you post a photo of how you mounted them and maybe point out the issue(s)?

Reactions: UCChris
@Hangtown-Shooter I see. The limited tube length I get. I have a couple of the 3-12x44s in FFP. Not sure what the difference in the length specs are between the SFP and FFP, but I can gather what you’re getting at. I could be wrong, but I don’t think these scopes are made to target the long-range shooting market, especially in the airgun world.

I will now add that this scope is on my "Best Buy" list @ <$200
Let me share the why;
  • Excellent glass for the price point
  • Weight
  • Large eye box
  • Smooth parallax
  • Smooth zoom
  • Smooth oscular adjustment
  • Value bang for the buck
  • Not to short 😁
Points to consider, which are not many;
  • A little CA (chromatic aberration), but I'm sensitive and not normal. Take that as you may.
  • Some parallax distortion from top 1/4 and the bottom 1/4. Middle 1/2 was fine. Over all not noticeable when your focused.
  • Contrast is average but acceptable.
  • Turrets are a tad mushy, not bad, just not $500 style clicks. Just sayin'.
These observations are purely of my scope and my eyes and are not to suggest that "all" Vector Veyron's are alike, as they are surly not.
I am impressed by the quality and value.
Also, I have read there are possibly other scopes of similar quality made by the same manufacturer under different brandings. Does happen. Do your research.
I agree with the many here that this is a scope to put on your list to consider 👍

Patrick

20230324_102828 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE