Thoughts on the vector veyron 3-12x44 sfp?

Scuba,
Heard good things about the VV scope so when a member mentioned closeout sale on 3-12x44 for $120, jumped on it. Now have four VV, three are 6-24x44 FFP (Non-IR) purchased @ Optics Warehouse (UK). Lightweight with bright, clear optics and smooth function make for a great scope bargain. Sub-compact size makes eye relief and scope ring placement tricky, I use WestHunter Cantilever (30mm) mounts. WM
IMG_20221127_211212 (1).jpg

I have the ffp 4-16 veyron, and it’s one of my favorites. Glass is super clear for the price, and the thin reticle doesn’t bother me. In fact, I prefer it. Thicker reticles gave me problems with shot placement on chipmunks past 50yds because the reticle would almost cover the entire chipmunk. The veyron reticle doesn’t, and makes my shot placements more precise.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I've also been looking at the VV 3x12x44 SFP for my Spa P-15. I just saw a 15% discount on Opticsplanet site for the next few days. Their price is $143.00. With the discount it is $131.46 with free ship. I have to pay sales tax here in N.Y. but it's still the best price i have found. Only problem is you have to wait 7-16 days to get it.

Reactions: UCChris
I've also been looking at the VV 3x12x44 SFP for my Spa P-15. I just saw a 15% discount on Opticsplanet site for the next few days. Their price is $143.00. With the discount it is $131.46 with free ship. I have to pay sales tax here in N.Y. but it's still the best price i have found. Only problem is you have to wait 7-16 days to get it.

Jeez, I just paid more than that on the classifieds here, scoop that deal up!

I have been very impressed with all the Vector products I have tried so far. So much so that I just picked up a top of the line Continental 5-30x56. All I can say is WOW! I will be selling off some other scopes and getting more Vectors for sure. Don't misunderstand, they aren't Steiner, Nightorce etc. but they are unbelievable in their price range. An added bonus for us airgunners is that they have several models (Including the Continental mentioned above) that parallax down to 10 yards and are springer rated. I'm in!

Aa6yV6z.jpg

One of my favorite scopes. clear, holds zero well, like the reticle, like the locking turrets. small, light. I'll buy another.

@Harv24 curious if you have your throw lever clocked in a way so that you know where to stop at 10x without looking?

I have the FFP version and like just about everyone find the reticle a bit thin at 6x or below and about perfect from 8x to 12x.

I'm tempted by the SFP version but would want to be able to stop at 10x without looking and have my correct holds. And if the SFP is anything like the FFP the eye box is better at 10x anyways.

Got the Veyron 3-12 SFP and first impressions are fantastic! The reticle is still very precise, but thick enough that I think I would be comfortable taking it into the woods for some hunting. Definitely towards the thinner end of the spectrum. It's about 1/2 as thick as my Athlon Talos 3-12 SFP and about 2/3 as thick as my Hawke Vantage 2-7 SFP.

I would say the Veyron is thin and great for precision, the Hawke Vantage is a good middle ground, and the Athlon Talos is pretty thick and best for low light hunting.

Talos:

PXL_20230315_201329949.jpg

Hawke:

PXL_20230315_201257510.jpg

Veyron:

PXL_20230315_201224332.jpg

I tried to take the pictures with the phone the same distance from the scope with the same amount of zoom to give as best a size comparison as I could.

Last edited:
This is through my USO TS12 3-12x44 but other than a few differences like the reticle and the shape of ocular housing it and a Vector Veyron are the same scope. Having owned both and having them side by side you can tell they are made at the same factory with all specs being the same other than what I mentioned.
Target is at 50yds.
FA45633F-722D-4F85-9C30-B29EA14BFF37.jpeg

Reactions: Scouty
This is through my USO TS12 3-12x44 but other than a few differences like the reticle and the shape of ocular housing it and a Vector Veyron are the same scope. Having owned both and having them side by side you can tell they are made at the same factory with all specs being the same other than what I mentioned.
Target is at 50yds.
View attachment 340953

Picture taken at 12x?

Have you noticed any difference in eye relief? As I recall the USO is listed as having less than the Veyron but some have reported the USO actually has more in reality.

Picture taken at 12x?

Have you noticed any difference in eye relief? As I recall the USO is listed as having less than the Veyron but some have reported the USO actually has more in reality.
No having them side by side on two different guns I couldn’t tell a difference. Me and a buddy both bought a USO TS12 to put on our AR’s then a few months later I ordered the Veyron for my R7. First thing I thought when I opened it was these 2 scopes are the same. Other than the USO was $325 on sale and the Veyron was $235

@Harv24 curious if you have your throw lever clocked in a way so that you know where to stop at 10x without looking?

I have the FFP version and like just about everyone find the reticle a bit thin at 6x or below and about perfect from 8x to 12x.

I'm tempted by the SFP version but would want to be able to stop at 10x without looking
@Scouty I realize that you didn’t ask me, but you can simply mount your throw lever so that the orientation of the lever is in a specific and easily recognizable position at the desired magnification (e.g. throw lever vertical @ 10x mag or 12 o’clock, lever at 90 degree angle to the left @ 10x or 9 o’clock). That way when you see or feel it at that position then you are aware that you are at or very close to your desired magnification. Just be sure that the throw lever is situated in a fashion so that you have room to turn it throughout the full magnification range. It can become second nature through the repetition of practice. Hope this helps some.

Reactions: Scouty