thoughts on the seneca aspen/nova freedom

I haven;t have any issues with my nova and my hawke 3.5x12x40
They both have been running smoothly and keep plinking away and hit pets here and there up to 45-50 yards. I probably have more than 1500 pellets through that baby so far and the only thing to do, is to fill the mags and pump it up and a good cleanup and maintenance (silicon oil). I haven't have any issues with mine and I love it. It is my go around self carry gun, awesome for that purpose.

I do not regret the purchase even after shooting my Taipan Vet.

So you're saying PESTS right? lol

Lube, o-ring, or a design flaw the problem? I think that much more lube than the owner's manual indicates is necessary. I'd advise new guns be fed 6 or 7 drops of lube immediately, then another 6 drops after the first 100 shots, then 2 or 3 drops every 100 shots thereafter. If I had lubed in this fashion, the original o-ring might have survived. I've shot more since the repair than before the repair: The new o-rings are holding-up. If there is a design flaw, it would be the lack of more direct oiling of the smallest pump tube. When the gun is apart, it's easy to get oil into that tube via the pump rod. When the gun is together, there is no access.

I'm gonna write to Aspen distributor Air Venturi to ask them for some OEM o-rings in lieu of using their warranty services. I'd try an OEM ring next time to see if it might be more durable (if lubed more heavily).