Tuning Thoughts on the Hatsan Vortex 155 underlever

Keep in mind, the more power a springer has, the more hold sensitive and harder they are to shoot. I was always a “bigger is better” kinda guy. The. I bought a Diana 460 magnum. I couldn’t shoot a group to save my life. I didn’t feel confident that I could humanely dispatch a pest, so I returned it and got a tx200. Much lower power, but much more accurate. 
when it comes to pesting, it’s not always about power. If you can’t hit the broad side of a 2x4 at 15yd, then what’s the point of the power?

I like my dads hatsan 130 in 30 cal. I can shoot a small apple at up to maybe 25 yards. It took forever to learn how to hold it the way it likes to do that tho. However I only had a 10 yard long backyard at that time and was able to dispatch pests at 10 yards all day long from the first day I got it. So I guess you need to think about what ranges you want to shoot pests at and how much time and pellets you want to spend to get groups good enough to be ethical. I think it looks like an alright gun. My experience with hatsans is that I usually have to test the breech seal and it's usually not good. I call hatsan and they sent me 5 of them in the mail for free. That's just been my experience your mileage may very. Good luck to you. 

Yeah, it’s not like a Diana or Air Arms for loading. I’ve watched videos on doing some modifications concerning the barrel bushing, but my 150 has the suppressor on it and you can’t get to the barrel. So, until I figure out how to get the suppressor apart without destroying it I’ll keep shooting it. It seems to be accurate at the moment with JSB 18 gr and it does pretty good with the H&N 18 gr also.

Yeah, it’s not like a Diana or Air Arms for loading. I’ve watched videos on doing some modifications concerning the barrel bushing, but my 150 has the suppressor on it and you can’t get to the barrel. So, until I figure out how to get the suppressor apart without destroying it I’ll keep shooting it. It seems to be accurate at the moment with JSB 18 gr and it does pretty good with the H&N 18 gr also.
Rich heres a link to a fellow who seems very knowledgeable about these guns and has a five part series on how to work on them. If you ever go to working on them this series should prove valuable. Cheers, Dan.

Well Hatsan sold out of the 155 vortex in all calibers. What got me interested in this gun is my best friend of three decades has the spring version in .22 with less than a box of pellets. He was not an air gunner and didn't like it due to the weight and offered it to me for $175 in as new condition right before he died of a massive heart attack last fall. We settled on the price at the time as he paid over three hundred for it new. He told his wife about the deal and I kinda wanted it partly out of remembrance of my dear friend. The gun is probably eight years old and Im pretty sure he said it was the spring powered one. Money is pretty tight for me now due to a down turn in my employment with the great covid shutdown. I know magnum springers are really hard on scopes so I was thinking a Hawke Vantage in fixed four power with an adjustable objective. Your thoughts and I would be grateful for suggestions from anyone reading this. I will be using this for mostly inside thirty yards plinking and pesting large squirrels. I wanted to stay with a fixed power scope for their ruggedness. I have an older UTG fixed four power on my bought new 1998 Diana 34 that has survived at least a thousand shots. Its currently down with a broken main spring waiting on my Macarri tune kit to arrive. If I need to shoot longer ranges I have two .25 PCPs.

Well Hatsan sold out of the 155 vortex in all calibers. What got me interested in this gun is my best friend of three decades has the spring version in .22 with less than a box of pellets. He was not an air gunner and didn't like it due to the weight and offered it to me for $175 in as new condition right before he died of a massive heart attack last fall. We settled on the price at the time as he paid over three hundred for it new. He told his wife about the deal and I kinda wanted it partly out of remembrance of my dear friend. The gun is probably eight years old and Im pretty sure he said it was the spring powered one. Money is pretty tight for me now due to a down turn in my employment with the great covid shutdown. I know magnum springers are really hard on scopes so I was thinking a Hawke Vantage in fixed four power with an adjustable objective. Your thoughts and I would be grateful for suggestions from anyone reading this. I will be using this for mostly inside thirty yards plinking and pesting large squirrels. I wanted to stay with a fixed power scope for their ruggedness. I have an older UTG fixed four power on my bought new 1998 Diana 34 that has survived at least a thousand shots. Its currently down with a broken main spring waiting on my Macarri tune kit to arrive. If I need to shoot longer ranges I have two .25 PCPs.
Sorry to hear about your friend. I have a couple 135’s and they’re also very large. Tried a larger scope initially but ended up going smaller to keep size and weight more reasonable. I like this dot and the UTG Bugbuster scope with the UTG offset mount. Both have held up fine.
A756BE5F-7C39-411B-AF63-F8D1E728FD59.jpeg