Thoughts on Red Wolf Rosso

If they did bleed the red coloring the owners probably won't know unless they take them out in the field and actually use these collectors guns. I don't even know of mine does it.

You won't know and advise you to buy one that had already had a replacement improved stock that way you know for sure.

I haven't shot mine yet and dont intend to and just charge as it loses battery juice by sitting idle in it's case.

Hi autodoc,

I have heard the same thing....There was a member who had one for sale on here a few months back and his came with the original stock as well as a replacement stock....His original stock cracked right at the grip and he fixed it with epoxy but was given a new stock under warranty.

I have tried to find more info on the stock issue as well but not much input out there.

I can say my red laminate stock on my RedWolf HP is holding up great as well as my walnut stocked RedWolf HP.....

He is concerned about the Rossi stocks which were the redder first run Redwolfs stocks that were known to bleed red coloring during field use. They were acknowledged by Daystate and offered swap outs with improved Red laminate stocks that are not supposed to bleed. Probably sprayed with an extra coat or 2 of clear.

The bleeding should be easily taken care of by sealing with a thin coat of polyurethane similar to the factory finish. The greater concern with these guns is the weak point in the wrist due to the battery placement in the grip.

Here is a thread discussing some of these failures.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/daystate-angel-of-broken-wings/

Thank you for the input. I am on a search for the Rosso. I am a new member on this site but have been shooting for many years. Just recently have starting shooting some higher caliber PCP guns and have been bitten by the “I need more guns” bug. There sure are lots of cool choices now. 
After reading thru that thread I can see the Red Wolf series might be a little weak in the stock. I have a Wolverine HP .25 and another mechanical Daystate rifle, was looking to try out their electronic gun. Something a little shorter than the Wolverine.

1598613080_8236633305f48e658c9d684.56823499.jpg

You do have to be careful with the stock. It is a terrible design, and leaves the wrist very fragile. When I sent mine back to AOA for service, they warned me to send only the action, because they had so many stocks broken in shipment.

I was very nervous waiting and opening packages but everything came thru in good shape. I am concerned with how I will be storing as to not put too much pressure on stock. 

If you can find a stainless steel pipe that fits snugly into the battery cavity and epoxy that fellow in there your problems will be over. Then just slide the battery in without the o-rings.

Thank you, good idea, I will look into that over the winter when the gun may be down based on weather . Right now I am having too much fun shooting them.