Thoughts on NIB items in the marketplace.

Yes, sir. I hate to say this as I own one, but the Marauder rifle, poor thing, is a great gun that gets no respect. It’s actually the worse gun to own if you plan on selling it to upgrade down the line, ONLY if you go and do all the upgrades available for it. It happens to be the most aftermarket friendly gun out there, but if you plan on selling it, leave it stock, cause no one wants to pay for any aftermarket improvements done to it. About the only upgrade I see where folks don’t mind paying more than $350 is if it has a Boyd’s stock on it. Power and shot count improvements, forget it!

Just things I’ve noticed in the last couple of years. Newbies considering a Marauder for an entry pcp, take heed.

Interesting topic. I used to buy and sell a lot on the "other" popular airgun forum, but have only done a few transactions on AGN. Many of those items including one that I have up for sale here now have been listed as LNIB or like new in box. I may have listed one item as NIB but I can't remember how I listed it. It was a Sightron scope that Sightron replaced under warranty that I never took the new one out of the box because I had already purchased another scope while I was trying to sort out what was going on with the Sightron. So I know it can happen. My philosophy whether buying, selling or trading has always been to look for and to offer equitable value for both the buyer and seller in all transactions. When that proves to be too difficult it's time to walk away.

I Love to learn and I love Air Guns I have owned Three different .45 Caliber Air Force Texans two different 357 Bulldogs, a Kral, a few marauders, two or three Armada, and keep a pretty rotating door on scopes and other goodies. 

Some I purchased new others I traded bartered for and others I purchased used on this forum 

So to be honest I don't own a lot of my guns I rent them for a little bit and turn them over to another person getting my "deposit" back and go find me another toy to "Rent" for a while

Drives my wife nuts 😁

Of course you can ask whatever you want, but the basic economic principles of supply/demand and utility suggest otherwise. And if you've even broken the seal to look inside the box - it is no longer NIB. New is new - when I buy it from a store. When I buy it from a classifieds page - it's used and is only worth a used price. So many people get delusions of grandeur that their "used" item is really new. Sorry, but no, it's used and will only claim a used price. 

Even a collectable item where the price is above new is still subject to the supply and demand rules.