Thoughts on my R5m part1

Hi all. Thanks for all the generous congrats you gave me on winning the Edgun R5m package. Some of you ask that I share my thought on my winnings. So………………As you can imagine it has all been a great experience, and something I’ll never for forget, that email from Michael, opening the packages from Steve, installing the great scope, airing her up and getting to shoot her, Wow!

It has also been a learning experience. I think I have watched every video and read every word ever written about this gun and its EDMU. And the more I learn, and the more I shoot it, the more impressed I have become.

I haven’t got to shoot the gun a ton yet and would like to have posted pictures of the tiny little groups this gun is capable of but the weather here in SW VA has been terrible, rain, snow and high gusty winds. So I have only seen glimpses of the accuracy you saw on Steve’s video. But even in these conditions, I often stack 2-3 pellets out of 5 @50. I have only shot .25gr JSBs so far, and hope to try other pellets soon. Also, centercut recently posted about the great results he and his friends had gotten from their Edguns shooting NSA slug; makes me want to try them.

I did add a Magpul L3 MOE rail and a bipod to this gun. I find shooting bullpups from bags or rest challenging. But after adding a bipod to the gun, I didn’t know I was shooting a pup. I need to add a bubble level and I’ll be done.

Overall, this gun amazes me. I haven’t found anything about the gun I don’t like. It may seem like a copout but I thought Steve did a great in-depth video review of this gun on his sister channel AEAC Vlog. My thoughts pretty much mimics his. If you haven’t seen it, check it out.

I would only add IMO that the R5m is built more like a quality firearm (powder burner) than any other PCP that I have seen. With its design features, tight tolerances, the materials used etc. everything is solid, no free floating or wimpy noodle barrels here. I would be surprised if the POI ever changed on this gun. Another thing is the beautiful Walnut stock on this gun. The stock is superbly fitted, the Walnut is nicely figured with tight grain, and pictures or videos do not do it justice.

We all talk about ‘falling into the rabbit hole’, well I think at the bottom of that hole there are 5-6 truly great PCP guns, the Edgun Matador R5m is right there with them.

The scope that was part of this package is pretty darn nice too. It is an Optician EVE 4-16x44 PI and seem a perfect fit for the Edgun. I do not own any what I consider top of the line scopes but I do own or have owned several popular brand scopes in the $300-$500 range this scope at least optically beats them all! It is super clear! I also like the reticle, a lot. I haven’t checked the tracking but the clicks are positive and adjusting the scope was easy. After mounting, only a few clicks from Steve’s settings was required. One feature I really like, and new to me, is the illuminated reticle has 6 intensity setting with an ‘off’ between each setting. So it is off, 1, off, 2 off, 3 etc. Super.

The rings are from Sports Match UK, and are superb too, well made, solid, and nicely finished.

The last parts of my winnings are a very nice assortment of pellets in .177, .22, and .25 from JSB and H& N Sports. They will keep me shooting and testing for quite a while. I don’t own a .177 PCP but do have two springers. My old FWB 124 doesn’t get much love anymore. Maybe I’ll find a replacement for the Silver Jets I ran out of a few years ago! H&N also gave me two very nice baseball caps to cover my bald head.

Reactions: davidsng
Part2

1579458335_6275113105e249f1f843d70.47715747_DSC_0004.JPG
1579458418_3395991455e249f72612f25.82297194_DSC_0026.JPG

Reactions: Peskådot671
Hoople I think it is absolutely awesome that you took the time to share all of this good fortune with us haha. It looks as if that Edgun has found the perfect home . Thank you again for sharing with us . I would congratulate you again but I am starting to think it was meant to be after seeing your appreciation and efforts. haha 😉 Nice Job Brother !

Scott😁