Thoughts on FX?

Depends on definition of bad, if you like to tune and tinker thumbs up. If you like to just shoot maybe maybe not. It is a great platform Ive owned three and not any real problems out of them. Ive owned other makers platforms and no big problems and less expensive. My opinion is only my opinion but shoot what you want do not get hung up on brand as there are some really nice makes out

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/vote-most-unreliable-gun/page/2/

FX Impact ranked most unreliable airgun. I would never buy one. Most of the content on youtube, which I do love, is probably supported by FX. Smart business model. There is a reason AOA and FX don’t work together anymore, and I bet it is largely to do with how many “issues” versus support there is. This place could be called FXNation though, so expect loyalists here.

Oh no! Here we go again.

Gets old for sure.

I heard this, my buddys brothers cousin said...yada yada yada. Im sure a few bad ones slip through. Just like any other manufacturer. Happens with them all. Ive owned 3 different fx rifles. All have beem fine and some of the most accurate rifles ive owned. Only complaint ive got is there gauges could be of better quality. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/how-many-impact-owners-here/

Oh no! Here we go again.

I know. I can’t help myself. I took the Redpill after checking them out and shooting them. The quality doesn’t meet the hype. I will render the floor to the loyalists though.

I don’t really have a brand to push like most on here. There are lots of great guns out there. I think Uragan, Taipan, Edgun, Daystate, Weihrauch, RAW, Thomas, to name a few, are better built than FX.

To each their own. But the “most unreliable airgun” thread does say something, at least to me.

I have 2 and so far they have been great! No issues at all, they are tinkerer’s dream with so many options and after market support. 

however I also appreciate more traditional guns but they simply aren’t as easy to tune but once tune I leave them alone. Problem with FX guns is....I can’t seem to leave them alone! 

I have other guns too but they aren’t high dollar.

I am a a new product development engineer, a mechanical designer, I can say the FX airguns - Impact in my case, are impressive piece of engineering. You can just grab it and go shooting, or you can grab it and start tinkering.

Do you remember a Lego time when you just grow out of diapers? :) My younger son is 25 now but when you enter he's quarters - a first impression - there are tons of money in he's Lego projects and some really impressive gizmos, we/he didn't throw away years ago but all behind a glass display and on shelf's.

Like with anything, look at the cars or coffee makers or ...I don't know...tablets, or ...airguns. On total volume of sales a satisfied majority will not come to a forum to give a five star, but people with problems will come and will asking questions. Plus to add there bashers who don't own one but addressing a very important voice. So a keyword search for FX ads up the total hits.

The most of the problems you can read here are coming from people wannabe a mechanic, want to tune but don't know how or already screw it up at a very first corner, or, want to go to a next level upgrading.

What you like more? to be a mechanic or go shooting? You can do both...

The FX Facebook page have 42,376 followers, btw.

I own an impact in a couple of calibers and I love it. Some people like the customer service such as ordering parts and some hate it. I'm in the later group since before I purchased a lathe and mill to make my own parts I could order and receive parts from the UK faster than getting parts from FX USA less than 250 miles from my house.

The other thing that bothers me is they give people who recently purchased a gun repair priority over those that have already been waiting to have their gun repaired. Why should a person who purchased their gun a month ago jump in front of others that purchased their gun 6 months or a year ago?

I think the guns are sound though and o-rings are nothing to be afraid of.

Yea, I really like the looks of there guns, was my first choice, but after reading and seeing so many issues I don’t even consider them any more. I am mechanically inclined, but am not a tinkerer, and I want some thing that’s built tough and easy to work on as possible.

Built tougher and better? 

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/airgun-technology-uragan-synthetic-.25/

I’ve checked these out extensively with my own hands, and they will be my next gun.

Tipan, or R5m ( not sure the r5m) will still be available, got a pm’d by a guy here that they are going to be discontinued. Emails to west or Leshiy in Spain, go unanswered. Neither has them in stock, and last I heard they didn’t know if or when they would be. So tipan or Vulcan 2 maybe. 

The FX impact and line is the most complicated air gun on the market, Its not for the first time airgunner, It's not for someone that can't tear down there gun and work on it , Its got a lot of Orings and there going to need to be replaced , So get ready to do it or spend the money and have it done.

Do not even think of tuning or adjusting knobs unless you know what the heck your doing..

Now I do not own one will never own one its just my two cents.

I been in this air sport for 10 years I just sent a gun off for repairs, And I screwed it up jacking with the hammer spring, 

Vulcan # 2 in 177 caliber,,

Mike

I own an impact in a couple of calibers and I love it. Some people like the customer service such as ordering parts and some hate it. I'm in the later group since before I purchased a lathe and mill to make my own parts I could order and receive parts from the UK faster than getting parts from FX USA less than 250 miles from my house.

The other thing that bothers me is they give people who recently purchased a gun repair priority over those that have already been waiting to have their gun repaired. Why should a person who purchased their gun a month ago jump in front of others that purchased their gun 6 months or a year ago?

I think the guns are sound though and o-rings are nothing to be afraid of.

Reasonable and fair evaluation of a lot of what I hear. The one thing I hear and have to commend them for is bringing in and encouraging, even adopting, aftermarket products like Donnyfl’s moderators. That is a really cool philosophy to allow the best of the best on the market become part of your platform. Additionally, FX has driven a LOT of innovation, and that should be commended as well.