Thoughts on electronic PCPs?

I have a RedWolf 25 caliber hp it shoot accurately at 100yds I can get quarter size groups off anrest without a problem I’ve never messed with the settings that came with the rifle from Ken Hicks. Other than charging the battery a few times a year and cleaning the barrel there I not much to do to keep it shooting. I do have a programmer on order hopefully I don’t mess it up. 

Although I don't see the risk as a large one ... If there was a significant EMP from any source its over for electronic guns. Theoretically speaking a close lightning strike could do the job. I also wonder about simple static electricity discharges to the gun causing electronic failures. England is not exactly a dry country and probably doesn't see the static electricity issues that occur in the desert regions of the planet. Definitely NOT the type of gun for a long term survival situation.

The thing about these electric PCP, if it ever breaks, it's gonna be a lot more expensive to replace than a simple hammer and spring on your typical PCP. And you have to charge the battery and make sure it's full before you go out shooting. Also I just don't trust how accurate they are at keep fps constant. Instead of a regulator, it used a computer to calculated how much air is needed. It's like driving a auto pilot car. You let the computer do all the work. I prefer driving a normal car cause you know with computer, one day it will malfunction and that's when you have a problem. 

I looked into the Red Wolf when it first hit the streets. As an electronics person as a living, I also realized it would probably have some changes made in the near future and I was not wrong.

Therefore, I went with a proven format. I got a Daystate Wolverine "R". The Wolverine has been around a while and no one can downgrade the Huma regulator's reputation as one of, if not, the finest on the market. Couple them together and it made a winning combo.

Out to 50 yards, I would stack the Wolverine against the Red Wolf any day in my 177 caliber.

I have several very nice air rifles: Daystate huntsman, Red Wolf, cricket , brocock bantam and a Walther LG 400. And they are all very nice guns. But the Red Wolf is my favorite. It’s trigger, easy cocking and overall quality and esthetics just make it BEST in my opinion. 

The concerns about reliability may be justified and time will tell.

Im much more concerned about today then tomorrow and what’s right for me should not.necessarily influence others but the RED WOLF is easy to love . 

You don't know what you are missing by being afraid.

Don't fear electronics - they rule the world.

Maybe after the apocalypse you MIGHT want a mechanical gun, but why plan for that sh*t and miss out on a GREAT thing?

Lock time is amazing.

Trigger feel is awesome.

Get over you fear and realize that EVERTHING is going electronic an you are going to miss out on the really cool stuff is you stay mechanical.

IMHO - YMMV

I own a 2016 Airwolf MCT in .22. In almost 3 years I have never had a problem with the gun... all I do is charge is every so often and the thing keeps right on chugging. 

As far as reliability, I have taken my Airwolf out in Northeast snow storms and and the electronics haven’t failed me once. Now I’m not recommending to dunk it in the bathtub but overall the electronics don’t concern me one bit.

I have to say the BEST part of owning an electronic gun is the trigger.... WOW! The trigger is literally a mouse click and honestly one of the best triggers I’ve ever pulled... simply unreal. If you ever get a chance to try it... DO IT! I own a Crown .30 and a Royale .25 and I wouldn’t want to have to pick as to which trigger is the best... it’s honestly that close.

Overall, the Airwolf is NEVER leaving my closet. 

I have a standard power Red Wolf .22. I also have a RAW HM1000, Steyr Challenge Hunting, FX Crown, and Brocock Bantam HR. The Red Wolf shoots with any of them, which is to say, very, very good. It's also a lot of fun, huge shot count, great trigger (different than a Steyr mechanical match quality trigger, but good). Folks worry about the reliability and complexity of an electronic rifle. I've only had mine a few months, so I can't offer a long term report, but, so far, totally trouble free. The way I figure, I'll be 70 my next birthday, retired, not rich but can afford decent bourbon and a few nice air rifles. Maybe it'll quit working tomorrow, it's under warranty and I'll send it back. But until then, it's so far down on my list of things to worry about I can hardly see it. Have fun today, worry about tomorrow.....well, tomorrow. 

May I answer the posters question with a question?, do you drive?, do you fly in commercial jets?, do you enjoy electricity? What do all these things have in common (among many other things) well they have ELECTRO- MECHANICAL, ELECTRO-PNEUMATIC, ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC interfaces/actuations, EVEN the 5 axis machining centers used to make your fully mechanical air gun! Yes I like them, have full confidence in them, own 1 and will buy more! Know I will probably get ripped apart on this post, so be it... and to be fair I enjoy both platforms! Have had and do have many fine examples of full mechanical pcp’s ANSCHUTZ, fx, STEYR, & RAW!

Don’t ya think the variable is more related to the quality of design and construction rather then just “electronic” vs “mechanical” ? 

People have their preferences. Some probably still want to drive cars with carburetors . And I get it. Just saying I really like shooting my electronic gun. If you factored out the money difference my guess is they would completely dominate the market.

i owned a wolverine before buying the red wolf and I thought it was pretty top shelf. Until I got the Red Wolf .

Are they worth the money difference Thats really the relevant question. You each have to decide that one 

Ok. Well a 1957 MB 300 gallwing 

I thought I saw as part of the green 10 year plan proposed by various US political characters electronic gun will be banned unles they are wind or solar powered and the world is ending in 12 years anyway. This was reported on CNN

FAKE NEWS. We gotta get some of these characters in DC into air gunning. They can’t get anything done anyways may as well have some fun. Might be a good way to pass legislation. Best score wins and the bill passed.,

Some one needs to buy Trumps boy a nice air rifle too. He could be shooting pigeons off the White House roof rather then standing behind his father looking like he’s bored to death.