Thoughts on Ben B.D set up for 81g JSB @ 600-700fps.

I’m specifically interested in owner’s replies on ease of adjustment with power adjustment on hammer spring.
Would really like to be able to adjust from 500-800fps.
Does it have that range with a different spring or 3 & can you add a adjuster like on a Discovery or Marauder.
I’m aware they can make big power for slugs. Not really after that. Just curious about it on “low” power, shot count.

I’ve owned several high end AG & several Alkin compressors.

@JamesD. I can only recall reading discussions of tuning Bulldogs for more power. I have no idea about tuning for less power. I’m thinking that since I can replace the stock hammer spring with a heavier one (I’ve used springs sold by Pitbull Airguns) for more power that it may be worth considering experimenting with a lighter hammer spring to reduce velocity. I don’t know if this will work, but it may be worth considering. I haven’t messed with adjusting mine once they’re shooting acceptably for my purposes. What do you intend to shot within that velocity range?

Another thought is shooting over a chronograph and making notes of the velocity drops around certain pressures. Because stock Bulldogs are unregulated you may try tethering your Bulldog at the reservoir pressure producing the desired velocities. From there you may zero your scope or figure your holdover(s) until you can make internal adjustments to get more shots within a sweet spot of this particular tune. This is me thinking aloud here. @bthurman may be able to provide some insight.

Last edited: