Thoughts of the Vector Optics Veyron 4x16 x 44 IR FFP Scope...

After having a Athlon Talos 4 x 16 on the previous Ranger XR in 177 I opted to go a little shorter on Spector II (x2) and saw the VO Veyron 4 x 16 x 44mm IR came out. I was able to find one and it arrived a few days before the replacement Ranger XR in 22 cal came.

Yesterday, I used both the gun and the scope for the first time, and here are my impressions of the Veyron 4x16 IR FFP (No battery was included (cheap asses) and I have forgotten twice today to get a battery at the store.).

As a former owner of a 3x12 FFP Veyron, I have an idea on the glass quality and reticle. In the 3x12 the glass was good for the price point, and for me at low power, the reticle was hard to see. In the 4x16 IR FFP the (gen 2) glass is better and a big improvement in being able to seee the reticle at different magnificants. However, it is "thin" compared to the FFP Talos I on the 177 Ranger. Also, the turrets seem better.

Size wise, the Veyron suits the gun better (yes I know @L.Leon ) than the Talos. Also, I like the little extra magnificent for the longer shots, even though the Ranger is 50 yard sub gun. (excuse the messy kitchen and I have my sideshot mount on it, and it is TIGHT without a mm to spare.). And yes, those are Eagle Vision rings.s

IMG_1001.jpeg

IMG_1002.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

Reactions: L.Leon
I also just jumped on the veyron bandwagon with a 4-16x44 ffp ir on my dream tac compact. I’m really impressed so far. Mine came with a battery, but it was already dead. Lol.
luckily, I had an entire package because I often leave the ir on by accident. It just lights up the center dot, which is great at low mag when the reticle is super thin. It almost feels like a red dot then.
while the field of view isn’t what it is with my higher end scopes, I’m super happy with the size and weight for a compact rifle. I’m thinking of getting another for my other compact setup.

Blackpaw,
Not long ago some kind soul on this forum alerted to Dvor's Vector Veyron 3-12x44 FFP closeout sale @ $130. Heard good things about VV so picked one up. Instantly impressed by features and clear/bright glass, fit perfectly on Wildcat, too. Only downside was, while great for hunting, higher power is nicer for target work. Decided VV 6-24x44 FFP was going on my Uragan 2 .30 (700mm) whenever Krales finally gets them in stock. Amazon has the Veyron for $299 plus tax, but ThomasT alerted to Optics Warehouse LTD (UK) recently and bought one $224 "to-my-door." IR version is backordered at Optics Warehouse, but I'll be happy with this one. Very tempted to start replacing scopes with the 4-16x44 FFP but I'll keep resisting, for now. WM

Ah, we are still in search of a cheap scope that will have better optics than a Swarovski.
No. I bought this scope based on its weight and compactness. You definitely sacrifice glass quality and turret feel compared to my athlons and Arken, but you won’t find a better compact scope for the money.