N/A Thoughts for airguns coming 2024?

I disagree with those who do not like the idea of a quality, AR platform air rifle. The design attributes of an AR15/M4 rifle create much more comfortable use of the rifle for all hunting, or sport shooting use.

The only coyote calling rifle I currently own is an AR platform that I assembled with components aimed (pun intended) specifically for shooting from a sitting position off shooting sticks. Long barrel, variable, 'higher' power optic, vertical grip, light trigger, etc, etc. My rifle does not resemble a so-called 'assault rifle' but rather a proper hunting rifle.

I have a close friend who has AR platform rifles for hunting all species and size of game. There are very many hunters and competitive shooters that prefer an AR style platform for ALL their shooting disciplines. This is the reason the AR style rifle is, and has been the most popular style of rifle in the US for decades now.

If you have never used an AR platform rifle, with all the various modular components to individualize it to your needs, then you are missing out.

I say bring on a QUALITY, high power air rifle with full compatibility of AR platform components!

I disagree with those who do not like the idea of a quality, AR platform air rifle. The design attributes of an AR15/M4 rifle create much more comfortable use of the rifle for all hunting, or sport shooting use.

The only coyote calling rifle I currently own is an AR platform that I assembled with components aimed (pun intended) specifically for shooting from a sitting position off shooting sticks. Long barrel, variable, 'higher' power optic, vertical grip, light trigger, etc, etc. My rifle does not resemble a so-called 'assault rifle' but rather a proper hunting rifle.

I have a close friend who has AR platform rifles for hunting all species and size of game. There are very many hunters and competitive shooters that prefer an AR style platform for ALL their shooting disciplines. This is the reason the AR style rifle is, and has been the most popular style of rifle in the US for decades now.

If you have never used an AR platform rifle, with all the various modular components to individualize it to your needs, then you are missing out.

I say bring on a QUALITY, high power air rifle with full compatibility of AR platform components!
I agree and plus u can add more attachments and stuff like that!!

• Haha
Reactions: L.Leon
We want the maximum freedom for using air rifles.

We do not want air rifles to look like the firearms made for killing people.
No firearm is “made for killing people”. Firearms are made to sling small metal projectiles at high velocities. It’s the USER that determines the target.

No firearm is “made for killing people”. Firearms are made to sling small metal projectiles at high velocities. It’s the USER that determines the target.
It is not the same a sporting hunting rifle than an Ar6 full automatic weapon…..

The purpose of the rifle are not the same.

It is not the same a sporting hunting rifle than an Ar6 full automatic weapon…..

The purpose of the rifle are not the same.
And it's people like you that will eventually get everything banned with blanket untrue absolutely ridiculous statements. The ar15 platform has been one of if not the most used platform for hunting in recent decades. Any rifle/weapon can kill someone, throwing statements like that around that you made is mind numbing and the issue with today's mentality.

There are already PCPs that somewhat resemble the AR platform… No hand wringing necessary. Just ideas being solicited. Here are two of mine that might be considered tacticool by some.🤓🙄🙏

IMG_0701.jpeg

There are a lot of things I really like about the AR platform, but it was designed to be a centerfire auto loading rifle and for a number of reasons the design is really not well suited for use as an air rifle. You could make an AR muzzle loader too, but it wouldn’t be a better muzzle loader.

AR accessories huh ... :LOL:

Butt stocks ... CHECK
Grips ... CHECK
M-loc rails ... CHECK
Fore grips ... CHECK
Halo / Dot / Compact sights etc ... CHECK
Single point slings etc ... CHECK
Muzzle brakes / Blast diverters ... CHECK
Long or extended scope rails ... CHECK
Larger capacity Magazines ... CHECK

These are ALL READY in use with AG users & especially with tactical chassis's on a wide range of manufactures air guns.

Last edited:
Reactions: pan60
A little bit younger.... And without so much power.... But with a great hobby that I do not want to screwed.
Even the most over the top airguns however don't really compare to firearms when it comes to destructive power. A 10/22 can be purchased in almost every state and with a couple of high cap mags has more firepower than any airgun, and that's just a rimfire. Muzzle loaders and black powder revolvers are generally much more powerful than airguns and are available online with no background checks. You can buy a punt gun or a towed artillery piece so long as it loads from the muzzle. Even flamethrowers are easily available and generally unregulated.

If regulation does come down the pike I'd rather just deal with it then rather than worry about how every advancement in power or semi-auto feeding might be the catalyst for it.

Reactions: Beeman125