• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Thought on new UA website?

I know any critisizing of UA is frowned upon but what do you think of this website? I'm not a fan.

First off, I saw no reason for a complete overhaul ....aside from some scrolling/menu issues it was fine. Parts were easy to find. Everything was pretty simple.

The new one is a poop show.

-If you search .25 cal ammo you get 2 options. 2.

-I was looking at moderators....I clicked to go to page 2, came back to page 1 and it wasnt page 1 anymore LOL it was all completely different. (Try this)

-If you click on say "Armageddon gear" before it shows you those products it makes you scroll past ANOTHER set up menu options!! MY GOD WHY??? I already went into the menu and chose ARMAGEDDON GEAR bc I want to see.....ARMAGEDDON GEAR!! Why are they putting more options ABOVE.....and BELOW the products I want to see? Who designed this nightmare??

-If you filter out subcategory, then click on an item, then click the back button it took me back to before I filtered. SO every time you look at an individual product you have to refilter the results. (Krale has this problem in their ammo section as well. Lets say you filter out .25 cal Zan ammo, then click on 41gr, and then click back it takes you back to original ammo screen.) Super frustrating fuctionality.

Look thru the drop down menus there is ABSOLUTELY NO rhyme or reason to its organization. Some tabs are products, others are company names, other subcategories.....POOP show!!
And how about a minimum amount of products before you get your own tab under a category?!?! GRS - 2 products, Primos - 1 products, Scandanavian Arms - 1 Product, F EZ Shot Chair - NONE (thats right it has a tab without ANY product) The goal of a wesbite it EASE OF USE!! Not a mess of convoluted menus that lead to more menus.

They can say "Well it's a new site soooo....of course it's not perfect" NO! Your web designer should've found these flaws....not your customers. And if they didn't know about these problems....that's even worse. The problem is layout if God awful and horribly thought out.

Personally....I think a very simple home page with scrolling FEATURES (like the old UA site had) with a single "SHOP" button is the way to go. That button drops down to "Search by" (Search by airguns, Search by brand, search by product, etc) then it open subcategories from there. Camera Land functions this way (bc they have an overwhleming amount of products) and it makes it soooooo easy to use. Go on there and search for any optic, from any company...it is so easy to find.

This UA site isn't good.

Why such a harsh critique? !st bc it's true. but it's also obvious nobody else said "Hey Justin this new website of ours....it's horrible" So I said it for them.

Last edited: