Thought on AEA

What are y'all Thought on AEA?
I am just personally getting into the AEA air guns bought a 72 cal.. I think they're very cool however they lack the American quality of a gun like DAQ. Had to do a lot of screw tightening and finessing to get the gun to work good however now it's nice.

I have 2 aea guns. The std 30 cal challenger and the 45 hp max. I like them both. The challenger stock felt like a clunky 4x4 post in my hands. I ended up reshaping the stock and refinishing it. Much more comfortable to shoot now. I'm still getting used to the max. I can say the mags do not sit very snug in my max. I need to screw the barrel in just a touch for better fitment. I don't mind having to pull the bolt back that little bit to install and remove the mag. Both mine have proven to be relatively accurate and reliable. I would also like to find some metal mags for my max. Those plastic ones make me nervous.

I love my .25cal HP Varmint. The trigger is pretty rough out of the box, but it was easy enough to fix it up a bit. Now it breaks in the high 2's, and I put in an overtravel stop to limit extra motion on the gun. It's an absolute laser beam with H&N 36gr slugs and delivers about 66fpe.
I did a valve spring mod as suggested by another poster on here and that brought the energy up to 86fp. I'm not going to keep that for everyday use, however, because it hurt the accuracy a bit and also messed up the shot velocity consistency.
I would echo the concerns others have about parts availability, but so far it's been pretty easy to work on and there are some Ebay sellers making custom replacement parts. Overall, I like mine a lot. I'd recommend it if you're willing to put in a little work to improve it out of the box.

View attachment 306195
So for everyday use,hunting mostly and plinking you wouldent suggest the valve pin mod?..and I have to ask were did you get the paint job done on your varmint..that look really nice

So for everyday use,hunting mostly and plinking you wouldent suggest the valve pin mod?..and I have to ask were did you get the paint job done on your varmint..that look really nice
Nope, the lightened valve spring gave me a huge power bump, but an immediate downward shot string. So if you want more than a couple of shots to hold zero, it's a no go. The factory valve spring is remarkably consistent.

And thanks! I painted the gun myself with duracoat and stencils.

They are decent guns. Definitely a brand that requires user maintenance/modifications. They can be very accurate. I’ve had 7 AEA’s, the HP Max .357 gave me the most problems. The challenger pro is a very good and accurate rifle. Triggers are terrible on all of them lol. My current challenger bullpup .25 has an amazing trigger now after a lot of sanding and polishing, don’t have a way of measuring pull but it’s got no creep, single stage and extremely light and crisp. The new element max seems like an interesting big bore