• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thought on AEA

This rifle here is currently set at 92 ft lbs and I have it turned down to 11:00. I am hunting with it at night hence all the night vision stuff. I agree the quality is robust in all but a few items magazines being one of them.

PhotoPictureResizer_1687524526882_copy_3000x1386[1].jpg

• Love
Reactions: Perle
As someone that is completely new to pcp and looking to get a big bore for deer hunting the AEA is the only game in town that I can find that delivers legal big bore big game power at a price that a newb can afford.

If someone else has better offerings for a similar price by all means point me in the direction.
Check out Airforce outlet page a new Texan can be had for $800 to $1000.00 .....aea aren't that much cheaper... Umarex hammer never really caught on and they are pretty cheap too... Not exactly Big bore but a Umarex Airsaber can be had new for$250.00... I been really impressed by the Airsaber...

Reactions: swampfoxoutdoors
I have the same gun. Aea hp .max 30. It is a $600 80 fpe thumper of a truck gun. A stone cold killing machine. Fill to 3600 psi, jsb 44.7 @ 930 Ave. This target @ 55 yds 2 magazines. A little trigger work and this bad boy rock . Want more power just fill to 3900 psi and sling the 50.1 jsb's.yes, it is very loud.View attachment 305967View attachment 305968View attachment 305969View attachment 305970View attachment 305971View attachment 305972
Did the mod quiet the gun down or was it still pretty loud with it also?

I changed the spring in my challenger Pro 357 with Ace hardware but it's not big enough and slips into the rod hole. I made a washer from some nylon bushing and did a quick buffing to hammer and sear. I noticed that increasing the hammer weight and opening the valve and extra 2/10 of an inch would increase the trigger pull also. I can get over 200 ft lbs with 129 grain slug and hit soda cans at over 110 yards.

I've read where some people are putting a shim on the hammer spring to get 180fpe. I would do this but I've never done it before and need a little guidance.