Thought I'd give 100 yards a try.....

I had put up my target at 100 yards, but really hadn't had a chance to use it, so the other day when the weather conditions were pretty nice, I thought I'd give it a try. Nothing special, just rested off the bed of my truck, lasered at 100 yards. I got out one of my favorite airguns, a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR and loaded up some JSB 18.1 gr domed pellets and did some ballistics calculations from my 35 yard zero and came up with 4.8 mil holdover. With the Hawke Airlmax 30 SF 3-12X set at 12X and using 5mil holdover, here's the result. No padding, nothing but me, the gun and the truck bed. I was pretty darn happy. Now I plan on draggin out my bench and setting it up for a serious try at 100 yards next.
That's 2-1/4" groups right there, for me, that's excellent.

IMG_9007.JPG

I had put up my target at 100 yards, but really hadn't had a chance to use it, so the other day when the weather conditions were pretty nice, I thought I'd give it a try. Nothing special, just rested off the bed of my truck, lasered at 100 yards. I got out one of my favorite airguns, a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR and loaded up some JSB 18.1 gr domed pellets and did some ballistics calculations from my 35 yard zero and came up with 4.8 mil holdover. With the Hawke Airlmax 30 SF 3-12X set at 12X and using 5mil holdover, here's the result. No padding, nothing but me, the gun and the truck bed. I was pretty darn happy. Now I plan on draggin out my bench and setting it up for a serious try at 100 yards next.

View attachment 459836
That's pretty darn good for free style winging it . That may pull in tighter from the bench with a proper rest. I would be tickled with those results.

Reactions: Ranchibi

View attachment 459836
Awesome!
drag out the bench for another session..you got this!
kinda addictive