• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Those with a green dot laser, post up what you've got!

Hello I mounted a Crimson trace CMR 201 rail master up side down on the top scope rail of my LCS19 just forward of a Burris RT-1 red dot with a riser mount so the laser sits below the optic as not to obscure your view. I gave the laser a 22yd zero so at 10 yds its still 1.5 inches high and at 45 yds it is 2 inches low. The laser is daylight visible out to 50 yds plus. I will try to post pictures tomorrow (not computer savvy). Just some quick zeroing info I got from Crimson Trace when attending one of there product class: when you zero the laser it will stay within its offset to the bore line till it reaches its desired zero distance, BUT after it reaches that distance the laser and projectiles impact can differ greatly especially if mounted to the side of the bore instead of above or below the bore. Hope this helps and any questions just ask Eric.

Jer -

There's only one or two..."green Lasers". or...are you speaking of the "sight" or a "pointer"? Big...difference !

There's a LOT of green "LED" style dot sights.

I just bought an EOTech, green sight. As you may know, ALL of the EOTechs are..."laser" type sights. Look them up (Optics Planet or MidwayUSA), see what suits your style. I just put it one (EXPS2-0) my Taipan Veteran, Compact.

Need to ask you, do you understand the difference between the laser emitter and the LED emitter ? They work very differently, and it seems that most don't understand the way that the Laser style sight works. Most put it down for being "fuzzy". It's NOT fuzzy at all. They actually work similarly to the way that a computer "refreshes" itself. Look that up if you don't understand the way that a computer screen works.

Please let us know for sure what you are looking into, the laser sight, the laser pointer, or a green dot sight (that's LED powered).

Mike

Irregardless of the technology used, I use them to rezeroing my scopes after playing musical scopes.

I bought a Pinty green laser 2 years ago and it is mounted to a scoped AF Texan LSS 257, it still works, so I recently ordered 2 more.

Although I would hesitate using a laser as a primary sight, due to my declining visual abilities, I have paired them with 3 power magnifiers with great results.

Regards,

Roachcreek

L1.1647532256.jpeg
L2.1647532268.jpeg
L3.1647532288.jpeg

Here are the pictures of the Crimson Trace laser mounted on my LCS19. It works very well for quick target engagements but does show you how unsteady you really are when holding a gun. Hope this helps Eric

We STILL do NOT know if the original poster is talking a "pointer"...or a "sight"..!

There ARE after all, "laser" emitter sights .

Mike

true, but then how far he is shooting probably doesn't matter for a sight.

WHAT ???

A laser pointer isn't gonna do much at (25) 50 yards ! A dot sight will work fine at (0 to 50+yrds) 50 yrds. !

Mike

We STILL do NOT know if the original poster is talking a "pointer"...or a "sight"..!

There ARE after all, "laser" emitter sights .

Mike

true, but then how far he is shooting probably doesn't matter for a sight.

WHAT ???

A laser pointer isn't gonna do much at (25) 50 yards ! A dot sight will work fine at (0 to 50+yrds) 50 yrds. !

Mike

yes, that's what i meant. a red dot sight works at any distance. you can see a decent green laser pointer at 60+ yards.

I put a $20.00 laser sight on the Benjamin SAM a couple of weeks ago as an experiment, and it was amazing at zeroing the previously installed ADE RD3-002 Red Dot Sight with Weaver-Picatinny Mount reflex sight with it. Like @Roachcreek said, they work great for zeroing. And as @esingle said, the laser does hit dead on at the zero point, but it also does track differently if it is offset to the horizontal line of the bore.

I said in another thread that I could see my green lazer dot with naked eye - summer, mid day sunny bright at 50 meters on a paper.
Today I toke out my L2 with me again to my club.
Overcast and light snowing, I could see a green dot with naked eye at 50 meters and in my scope at the 100 meter target paper.
I am shooting with a green lazer only up in a three offhand when there is no time for a scope, best for fast tracking.

Reactions: MRaccurate